- Most sprites by 125scratch
- Logic, music, and miscellaneous sprites by gidigoatguy
- Fade function by kometbomb
- PICO-8 by Lexaloffle Games
- Original game and characters by Nintendo
- Right Button : Move Right
- Left Button : Move Left
- X Button : Jump
How To Play:
- Clear the sewers and collect that money!
- Down Baddies by hitting the platforms under them, but watch out! Some Baddies are trickier to down than others!
- Kick the downed Baddies to increase your score and make a coin appear!
- Don't touch the Baddies when they're up, or else you'll die!
- Use the POW Block to instantly shake every platform!
- Don't stay in one place too long, or a deadly fireball may try to get you!
- If you die, you'll re-spawn (if you have lives, of course) with invincibility for a short amount of time; use it wisely!
- Simultaneous Two Player Gameplay
- An original Baddie (Stomp on Kuribo/Goomba's head to down them!)
- 4 Baddie types (Shellcreeper, Kuribo/Goomba, Fighter Fly, and Sidestepper)
- Red Fireballs
- POW Block
- Music that's kind of repetitive and annoying to be honest
- Respawn invincibility (thanks @SmellyFishstiks!)
In Progress Features:
- Freezie and frozen platforms
- Angry Baddies (after being down for a little while, Baddies become angrier after getting up)
("???" are "probably nots")
- Progressive difficulty
- 1UPs based on score/coins
- More palettes for plumbers
- Green Fireballs (slower than red Fireballs, thus making a spot more dangerous for longer)
- ??? Better/longer music
- ??? 4 players
- ??? Online multiplayer
- When spawning Luigi, his palettes are Mario's. (This is due to the fade function, and shouldn't be too hard to fix)
- Sometimes when a plumber dies, he ascends to the heavens. Unfortunately, as everybody knows, plumbers are unclean, sinful creatures that shouldn't ascend to the heavens.
- Downed Baddies don't get up after a POW shake (feature?)
- When stomping at certain angle, the Kuribo will be knocked off despite only being touched once
Let me know if you find anymore bugs!
- Added Baddie: Fighter Fly
- Added Baddie: Sidestepper
- Adjusted how Fireballs are spawned on top level
- Adjusted spawn rate of Baddies to account for new Baddie types
- Baddies are no longer downed during a POW shake when in the air
- Updated Cart Label (Added Luigi and lowered amount of background tiles)
- Made code even more messy than before
- Added to Cartiverse
I like it, is there someway you could make it so your invincible after you re-spawn so you don't die instantly?
this may just be a problem I have but if you did that would be nice and make the game a lot more enjoyable!
Game looks awesome besides my gripe though!
[Please log in to post a comment]