- Most sprites by 125scratch
- Logic, music, and miscellaneous sprites by gidigoatguy
- Fade function by kometbomb
- PICO-8 by Lexaloffle Games
- Original game and characters by Nintendo
- Right Button : Move Right
- Left Button : Move Left
- X Button : Jump
How To Play:
- Clear the sewers and collect that money!
- Down Baddies by hitting the platforms under them, but watch out! Some Baddies are trickier to down than others!
- Kick the downed Baddies to increase your score and make a coin appear!
- Don't touch the Baddies when they're up, or else you'll die!
- Use the POW Block to instantly shake every platform!
- Don't stay in one place too long, or a deadly fireball may try to get you!
- If you die, you'll re-spawn (if you have lives, of course) with invincibility for a short amount of time; use it wisely!
- Simultaneous Two Player Gameplay
- An original Baddie (Stomp on Kuribo/Goomba's head to down them!)
- 4 Baddie types (Shellcreeper, Kuribo/Goomba, Fighter Fly, and Sidestepper)
- Red Fireballs
- POW Block
- Music that's kind of repetitive and annoying to be honest
- Respawn invincibility (thanks @SmellyFishstiks!)
In Progress Features:
- Freezie and frozen platforms
- Angry Baddies (after being down for a little while, Baddies become angrier after getting up)
("???" are "probably nots")
- Progressive difficulty
- 1UPs based on score/coins
- More palettes for plumbers
- Green Fireballs (slower than red Fireballs, thus making a spot more dangerous for longer)
- ??? Better/longer music
- ??? 4 players
- ??? Online multiplayer
- When spawning Luigi, his palettes are Mario's. (This is due to the fade function, and shouldn't be too hard to fix)
- Sometimes when a plumber dies, he ascends to the heavens. Unfortunately, as everybody knows, plumbers are unclean, sinful creatures that shouldn't ascend to the heavens.
- Downed Baddies don't get up after a POW shake (feature?)
- When stomping at certain angle, the Kuribo will be knocked off despite only being touched once
Let me know if you find anymore bugs!
- Added Baddie: Fighter Fly
- Added Baddie: Sidestepper
- Adjusted how Fireballs are spawned on top level
- Adjusted spawn rate of Baddies to account for new Baddie types
- Baddies are no longer downed during a POW shake when in the air
- Updated Cart Label (Added Luigi and lowered amount of background tiles)
- Made code even more messy than before
- Added to Cartiverse
I like it, is there someway you could make it so your invincible after you re-spawn so you don't die instantly?
this may just be a problem I have but if you did that would be nice and make the game a lot more enjoyable!
Game looks awesome besides my gripe though!
I seriously LOVE this. Always had a soft spot for the oldschool arcade Mario Bros game, and I love that (A) you have some mid-air control in this version, and (B) you've added goombas! I always thought that would be a great addition. That remix is also great!
One suggestion I'd make is to replace the koopa sprites with spiny sprites, like in the GBA version. That way, it's 100% clear that you shouldn't try to jump on them - which is especially important given that there actually are now enemies that you DO want to jump on.
Maybe even reintroduce koopas after, as enemies that you can either flip from underneath or jump on? Shrug. Take it or leave it.
In any case, really loving this! Great job, can't wait to see this progress!
[Please log in to post a comment]