Definitely looks a lot better with the CLS off.
WOW ! It's like a fiery dragon ! Hats off and a STAR to you.
Minju instead of using NEW and DEL you can just scan the whole screen for colors to "burn" them. That's what I do HERE:
@dw817 haha nice !! The credits belong to you since I got inspired to do this by your version actually :D I only saw a gif these days in the gif dump so I am really happy that I now get to try out your version and get these tips from you!
Hey ! Glad to help, @Yesyoor. Yours is quite different though in that it makes a cool Dragon's tail. I'm thinking you could make a wicked SNAKE game where you eat glowing fireballs and have to avoid moving ice-bugs or ice-cubes or something.
I'm done for the day though. Have a good one !
It's pretty straight-forward and the reason my code is often compact is I'm bone lazy. :)
I rarely use a variable name that exceeds 2-letters or an array that is 3. Now if @zep does make a custom IDE or something where you have 64-characters across, I may start to use longer variable names.
The PAL() function is just to set the colors in a line from dark to light for the fire.
Then I scan the screen a bunch of times. If the pixel is not black I change it to the next color darker and plot a random one beside it. By doing this thousands of time you get a nice burn effect.
Glad you're enjoying this code ! I also make use of this for the logo in my major release game, "Mildew Manor" found HERE:
yes please! More characters across would really be a big help! I tried coding in vs and then copying it to pico-8 once, but it was no good and I stick to code everything inside the pico-8 editor :D a possibility to zoom would be awesome!
I ll look up your code again right away :D
[Please log in to post a comment]