When run-gun-bots are not out on the field doing adventure missions they have fun doing intensive training by fighting each other on special practice rooms.
Hook up some extra controllers and grab a friend to battle in the arena!
Be the best run-gun-bot when the time limit is reached. Master the different weapons and stages to ensure victory against your fellow run-gun-bot peers.
- 32 practice rooms
- 8 different gun types
- 6 different match modes
- 2 to 4 player matches
- d-pad - move your bot and aim your weapon
- X - shoot your current weapon
- O - jump
- most-frags - hit opponents as many times as you can
- least-hurt - avoid as many hits as possible
- capture-the-flag - grab the flag and hold it for the longest time
- king-of-the-hill - touch the flag on the ground and try to keep others from touching it
- collect-a-thon - collect as many coins as you can
- collect-most-guns - collect as many weapons as you can
Feel free to report any bugs or suggestions you might find!
2 player session report on first arena:
- sfx+music is good, fits well with game
- did not lost track of my player
- walls should block weapons (as they do block players)
- too easy to cover half of the screen (see previous comment)
- some weapons are overpowered (green laser)
- not clear if some weapons have limited ammo (not) or just slow to fire (seems to be)
- bot outline is a bit lost on most of the background/map a bit too noisy (personal taste)
- near the end of the round, my player got some bizarre teleport abilities??
Thanks for the detailed feedback freds72.
- I might change the music a little bit since it's placeholder from the original, but I'll try to keep the same vibe.
- I started doing a gun balance pass on the game, I'll definitely take your feedback into account for this.
- The bizarre teleport is probably the rail-gun's ability (brown), also from the original, but in this case it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep.
I'm planning to finish a "release" version this week. Please stay tuned!
Here's one player mode:
but to be honest, these are my main two reasons I didn't want to add bots:
- I'm too lazy to write that kind of complex AI :P
- IMO it would never be as fun as playing local multiplayer with real people
Grab some friends and play it!... or just play the original Invincible Run-Gun-Bot! XD
[Please log in to post a comment]