Cart #snowglobe-0 | 2019-12-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Works almost like the real thing! Seriously, wait for it. It is kinda neat.

SNOWGLOBEv.1.1

Fixed the snow code ala @Albertbz update but I didnt use the final fix instead I opted for the first fix as this looks more like snowglobe snow. Then I found some code by @Krystman for shaking the camera. I also put some effort into making a decent text display and added controls for everything. Last I made some slight changes to how variables get their values and some of the sfx in the music. I think I might take this one step further, but I got sick last night and my head is kinda spinning so coding is taking longer than usual. Also have a low grade fever and severe nausea... Flu season sucks!!! Cover your mouth when you cough!!!

Still clueless on pattern fills and palt and so on... I need to get a better grasp of this and then maybe i can add some bg art to this... Otherwise I have a few other things id like to add after seeing the kitty window version of snow falling cart by @Yesyoor ...

But first there is more learning to do... sigh. I feel like a kid in a candy shop. Just don't know where to look or what to do... Overwhelmed by the endless options... Oh well, I just keep chizeling away.

Cart #numopijupo-0 | 2019-12-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Ok. Here is what I've got so far. I was originally trying to do this as a doodle using only pset but that was giving me a headache... So I went in a different direction. Not finished. No... Still much more to learn and do, but here is something to mark my progress... I hope u enjoi it. I wanted to do more with backgrounds, text, snow fx, but sadly I am only a week into this platform and language... So i am sort of clueless until I get more familiar with everything. Perhaps I can update this cart in the future...

P#71077 2019-12-17 00:58 ( Edited 2019-12-18 20:46)

if you let the snow get too high it takes a lil while to clear but the program DID NOT CRASH! I probably just coded it poorly... Prolly should have broke the btn press fn out of the update and into its own fn... but my brain is kinda tired now.

P#71080 2019-12-17 01:15

Looks nice! Much more interesting than mine :P

P#71221 2019-12-19 06:11

Thanks @Albertbz your solution really helped me get grasp on some important basics. I still think its kinda wild how minds can overlap in not only topics but logic. I made an animation on newgrounds and somebody commented that they had been thinking about making the same thing. here: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/610539 It always reminds me of Carl Jung's theories on the greater subconscious...

P#71233 2019-12-19 18:15

hey there! I already saw the first version a week ago and wanted to comment on this, apparently I forgot to do so :D I really like the smoke coming out of the chimney! This is so cute and makes it really retro!

The blue and purple snow flakes really add a lot of depth to this! I might use this idea in my snow simulator too, but currently I am struggling with the implementation of a melting process :D

keep up the nice work!

P#71235 2019-12-19 18:51

@Yesyoor thank you :) for your compliment and good code examples! I have already perused some of ur carts via splore... i like. yeah keep an eye out, i have some projects to come. Still trying to absorb all this.

P#71252 2019-12-20 04:29

Very cool, love the music!

P#71490 2019-12-29 12:04

The music and serene scene does it for me. Gold star all the way. Well done, @chizel9000 !

P#71519 2019-12-30 06:02

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 05:18:24 | 0.055s | Q:31