So I uhh
decided to make a cookie clicker clone as the first thing I made here
A couple things have been adjusted from the original Cookie Clicker, namely the fact that the number limit is only 32k as opposed to literally nonillions, so I've decided to use overflows as another form of currency!
Rev 2 Update
- added basic controller support. buy buildings with > and click the cookie with X
- added a basic menu for the coming Costs menu and Overflow Shop, where you'll be able to spend Overflows on precious goodies
Version 1.0 Launch Update
- New cookie sprite! Now dippable in a fine cup of milk.
- New sound for selecting items in the menu.
- Better controller input suggestions for people who are coming from Splore.
- The info menu works! Press (or click) O to get to it! Prices and CPS gain are displayed here.
- The Overflow Shop is also finally in business! You can now buy an upgrade to your click power for every Overflow you have! Access it by going to the Info menu, and pressing (or clicking) >.
- You now gain Prestige, a passive CPS boost for overflowing with Overflows!
Version 1.1 Update
- Milk is now added! Go check out the code for it, and thank Jwinslow23 for it!
- CPS overflow is now handled properly, as well as Overflow overflow, making Prestige actually obtainable.
Actually, instead of owerflows, you can use https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrary-precision_arithmetic to be able to caclulate numbers of any length (the numbers are stored in arrays as groups of digits and can be as long as there is enough LUA memory to represent that arrays).
I had a great time playing this over the course of a week! Got my click power to exactly 12000 so you could hold down Factory and Z to perfectly purchase 8 factories per second. But this late into the game the curve starts to become extremely flat, as there's no further layer of automation. So you have to hold down buttons in order to make real progress haha. I think with a few more hours of dedicated play you could probably overflow the prestige counter 😊
Sadly, after a week of progress, I had to update my browser, and closed the tab 😌
[Please log in to post a comment]