Follow
peabnuts123
[ :: Read More :: ]

Howdy folks, this is my first post here!

What is this?

I've written a full set of EmmyLua API definitions for the PICO-8 API, so that you can get full autocomplete/intellisense suggestions and documentation when editing code in an external editor.

Recording showing multiple examples of autocomplete in action

Why?

I've been following pico8 for a few years now but haven't sunk my teeth into really making anything until recently. Something that I've sorely missed all the times I have tinkered about with pico8 is proper code editor awareness of the pico8 API, autocomplete, definitions etc (coming from a C# and JavaScript background).
I thought for sure somebody would have made this but I couldn't even find any real proper editor support for Lua in general ... until now! I've discovered a neat language server utility called EmmyLua. It allows you to decorate code with annotations that provide type information and documentation. If you are familiar with JSDoc, it's very similar to that. EmmyLua has first-class support for 2 of the main code editors out right now: VSCode and IntelliJ.

Where do I get it?

You can find the files you need on the GitHub repository for the project. You just need to include 1 single .lua file somewhere in your project, it can be in a separate folder, and won't interfere with your PICO-8 setup at all.

You missed some stuff! / Something is wrong!

Please let me know! You can raise an issue / pull request on GitHub, or just let me know on here.

Thanks!

Please let me know if you find this useful! I'd love to hear feedback of all kinds. Thanks!

P#89228 2021-03-19 21:24

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-20 12:26:59 | 0.073s | Q:5