In 0.1.11d I managed to unexpectedly lose a bunch of sfx entries I had created by hitting undo once. Redo did nothing.
Steps to reproduce:
- Start a fresh PICO-8 0.1.11d instance
- Go to SFX 0 and enter a value for note 0 and note 1
- Go to SFX 1 by pressing the right arrow button in the interface
- Without changing your cursor position, enter values for notes 2 and 3. After pressing the right arrow button in step 3 your cursor should be on note 2, so you just type two notes. (I've noticed it's also possible to reproduce if I change cursor position in step 4, but I was not able to do this consistently.)
- Hit CTRL-Z
- The entry of note 3 in SFX 1 is undone
- Hitting CTRL-Y restores the note
- All note data disappears in SFX 0 and 1 and SPD is set to 0 too.
- CTRL-Y does nothing
I've also noticed that after starting PICO-8, SFX 0 initially has SPD 01 and all others are SPD 16. After step 6 all SPD values are suddenly 0. You also get the same behaviour if you skip steps 3-4 and go straight from step 2 to step 5. When this happened in my real project, it did not delete all SFX data, I think it deleted everything up until the last save or so, although I'm not 100% sure about that.
Guys, proper UNDO only works correctly in coding. If you try UNDO in graphics, mapper, SFX, or MUSIC, there is only one level, which can definitely cause you to lose entries.
Now it would be nice if ZEP put a robust UNDO ability for all aspects of cart creation as he has current singularly for coding.
[Please log in to post a comment]