The fullscreen button on the mobile web interface seems to have broken all of a sudden. Instead of displaying the screen, the fullscreen icon itself is displayed really big, stretched to fill the screen XD it's actually pretty funny.

(it's actually a pretty critical issue though because the mobile controls are super buggy and unreliable unless you're in fullscreen mode)

P#59717 2018-12-05 16:41 ( Edited 2018-12-05 17:54)

Actually for me on Firefox and on Chrome mobile it doesn't appear to be broken?

However, fullscreen does seem to be broken in a different way when used on a computer: with both Chrome and Firefox, carts don't seem to respond to any keyboard input besides Esc.
On Firefox it even gets the added bonus of the cursor being locked in the center of the window, flickering.

P#59726 2018-12-05 20:08 ( Edited 2018-12-05 20:46)

I can reproduce the issue with the bbs full screen button with Chrome 71.0.3578.83 Running on Pixel 3 Android 9.0 Patch level December 5, 2018

The BBS web launcher full screen button appears to work running Firefox 63.0.2 on the same hardware

P#59846 2018-12-09 01:24

oh woww I did some experimentation locally on this and it looks like the thing that breaks it is simply that the "requestFullscreen" function has a name-collision with the javascript fullscreen API function of the same name!

@zep all you have to do to fix this is to rename your requestFullscreen function to something else.

i.e. there is this bit of code in the BBS HTML:

<a onclick="
                //document.getElementById('playarea_popup_container').mozRequestFullScreen(true, false);
                requestFullscreen(document.getElementById('playarea_popup_container'));
                ">

and Chrome (on mobile at least) thinks you want to call the browser fullscreen API's version of requestFullscreen (instead of the function defined elsewhere on this page) and then requestFullscreen apparently gets called on the anchor tag itself, so all we can see is its contents, which is just that fullscreen button image and nothing else :D

EDIT: there is actually one more issue and that is with this bit which sets up a listener to resize the canvas once we enter fullscreen:

var reqFuncName = (canEl.mozRequestFullScreen || canEl.webkitRequestFullScreen || {"name": "requestFullScreen"}).name;
document.addEventListener(reqFuncName.slice(0, -"requestFullScreen".length) + "fullscreenchange", function (evt) {

it seems the "webkitfullscreenchange" event is no longer fired by Chrome (instead it's just called "fullscreenchange" now) but .webkitRequestFullScreen is defined, so this bit of code tries to use the wrong event name.

P#60187 2018-12-20 23:32 ( Edited 2018-12-20 23:44)

thanks a lot

P#65184 2019-06-14 01:36

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 15:57:57 | 0.007s | Q:18