How do I make it so the game starts? Is there something I need to change with the html or js files?
You should upgrade to the latest version of PICO-8. I see you're running 0.1.11f. The latest is 0.1.11g, and that might help. Also, what happens when you run the cart locally on your own computer from the index.html page? Does your index.html version on your own computer work fine?
Sounds like it's probably something in the code. If you want, you can post the cart here to the forum and I (and others) can take a look at the code. If you don't want to post it, though, I'd be happy to look at it if you want to e-mail it to me. My username here is the same as my Gmail address username.
Guys, I'm using itch.io for 2 of my projects.
Use the standard "EXPORT FILE.HTML" and send that straight into ITCH.IO.
According to ITCH they recommend you use the BUTLER program to upload to ITCH.
Hope This Helps !
- if the export doesn't work locally, then it as nothing to do with itch.
- does it work when exported as binary?
- are you near the token/chars/compressed limits? ("info" in console)
- are you poke()-ing around?
- longshot, but maybe try another template? (https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=31000)
- The export didn't work locally
- I was really below every limit you mention
- It worked when exported as binary, but had to set a label for it
- Tried exporting the html again
- Now it works and I don't know why, I didn't write/erase a single line in the original html
Nevertheless, it's working both locally and on itch.io
Thanks a lot!
@DevonOrxi I know this is all old but I was wondering if you can help me out on what you did and kind of explain it step by step if you can? I'm having the same issue and I know this thread talks all about it, but just reading it I still cannot figure out whats wrong.
[Please log in to post a comment]