This is a challenging platform game with the focus on just the platforming.
You play as a king that on unknown circumstances is stuck in a deep cave. On your journey you will dodging lava, spikes and maybe some bugs ;)
The goal is to get out as fast as possible! The clock is always ticking so play smart and chill!
Hope you enyoy it and post your best scores in the comments!
- Added character animations
- Added scene transitions
- Added ways to play the game with different skill levels
- Fine tuned all levels to make them more fair and fun + foliage
- Remade start screen
- Remade the enire last run
- fixed bugs and various improvements!
UPDATE CHRISTMAS EDITION
- Remade all levels to make them more fair and fun
- Added a startscreen and two modes(normal, chirstmas)
- Added new sprites and sound
- Added particle-effects to make it look awesome
- You have longer time to finish the game
- Fixed collsision on lava on the sides
- Patched holes on the top, I think most levels will not be escapable(lv 5 is escapable)
- A message will tell you that you have to hurry up at a certain score, so you you do know why you died.
- Made some levels a little easier
- Made the controls more stiff, but it it also made it easier to control the king
Thanks for playtesting and commenting! Stay awesome!
It's not that bad, Tyroney. Tell ya what, go to play "Action 52" on the NES and come back to me about game mechanics (or lack thereof). :D
When I first tried it out, I REALLY thought my keyboard was messed up (and I mean royally). Turns out it was just very bad programming on the Action 52 cart. Just about unresponsive controls, really bad design. Welp, see for yourself.
In Elastiskalinjen's favor, I did figure out how to do the double jump, but yeah, controls are a little spotty and mapping a little shaky. Needs work - but it's still better than I could do in PICO.
I like it a lot. I think the controls could be a little tighter, but for a short project, it feels nice. The jumpads were really fun once I figured them out.
Also, the screen when the time runs out is a nice touch. The colors change in a jarring way and it looks really cool. But the first time it happened to me, I wasn't sure why I was in a new area. Maybe you could make some sort of indication that time is going to run out soon. Mario games handle this by speeding up the music, for example. Maybe a text effect or something would work well (if you agree that it's a good idea, of course).
I haven't beaten it yet. Gonna try now!
@dw817 yes, it can be tricky but there is many helpful people that can help you with that! I think I will make a puzzle game next! ^^
@KQl1N thanks, ye I think i have forgotten to check collision on the sides on the lava, will fix that!
@Cranzor thanks, I will definitely adding that, it is a great idea!😊
This is a great game, very fun, I always try again and start over every time I lose, I think you nailed it about impressing that on the player :) However, I have to say it's very very Celestish, were you aware of that? :P Congrats for this cool piece, keep improving it!
Thanks for the comment! Yes I am aware on that, but I also take insperation from shovel knight, You Found the Grappling Hook(great obscure indie game, play it) and even some meat boy style challenges :)
I will try to get some time to do that, I also want to create some more games on pico 8! :)
[Please log in to post a comment]