A game about rockets, for little and big kids. This is a one-button game with no possibility of failure.
- Sound, stars, random birds, sky colours, tracking camera
- Added a countdown! Player can tap UP or hold it.
- Used fill patterns to dither the gradations of atmosphere.
- Attract screen plays out an animation of astronaut getting on board.
- Added states to complete the game loop, you can get to orbit and back.
- Added SPACE WALK.
- Added rocket heating up depending on reentry velocity.
- Adjusted volume for less pew-pew and more engines.
- Increased fun by 100% by rating your landing. Can you make a PERFECT landing?
- Added impact smoke on landing.
- Added fuel-burning engine to the car (smoke trail)
- Added altimeter with goal marker
- Added secret autopilot mode, toggles on and off. Autopilot will always attempt to make a perfect landing, but it'll cost you your rating.
- The car gets pushed away by the rocket blast, if it's close enough (thanks for the suggestion, C65!)
- Camera shakes when you hit the ground.
- Improved sound effects for 'hit the ground' (sounds beefier) and 'hit a bird' (a bit chirpier).
- Now a hot rocket takes time to cool down!
- Nicer background with clouds behind the mountains (inspired by Jelpi).
- Two varieties of procedural clouds with fluffy particles.
- Intro and countdown music.
My first pico-8 game. Clear the screen as fast as you can!
- 3000-∞: Non-gamer
- 2000-2999: You need practice
- 1000-1999: Doing OK
- 500-999: Respectable
- 100-499: Good
- 0-99: Thank RNGesus
- Start and Win screens
- Particle effects for boundary collisions, coin pickups, exhaust 'confetti' (Ⓒ Jill)
- Player trail
- Starting coins increased to 4
1.0 "Vlambeer edition"
- Coin pickup explosions
- Permanent explosion marks
- Pause for 2 frames on pickup
- Screenshake on boundary collision
- Better title and win screens
- Thanks Noah for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJdEqssNZ-U
1.1 "Par & Marty"
- Fixed TIMER not resetting at end of game
1.2 "Secret modes"
- You can toggle PAINT MODE on the title screen
- You can toggle MIDAS MODE on the title screen