Follow
Aquasition

I'm an aspiring gamedev, so I'm learning PICO-8; I can easily work with it between work shifts.

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #raydemoaquasition-0 | 2023-04-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Well, I've always been a big fan of FPSes, so I wanted to try to see if I could pull off making a raycaster. So, I made a top-down maze-style "game", then focussed on getting the raycasting to work. It's based off of what Isaac Games has done with raycasting, and I've also got a "shoot" function, though it only works once (so far).

That being said, unlike my earlier releases, this isn't really a game, more of a "baseline" that I might use to make raycast FPSes in the future. I still need to work on stuff like textured walls, doors, enemies,, some fine-tuning, "smooth" walls, and maybe even actual levels. That's a ways off, so I hope you enjoy what I've managed to do so far!

P#129169 2023-04-30 02:38 ( Edited 2023-06-06 16:59)

Cart #spacewar_pico-1 | 2022-10-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello, it's me again! After finishing the Asteroids clone, I wanted to make a "sister" game of sorts, so I made a Spacewar clone! Including gravity, and a sun to crash into! No AI, so you need a second player to play this with! It took a bit of time to get the second player to work, having to convert the player into a tabled object. I hope this one works well, too!

Thank you very much!

P#119461 2022-10-23 01:40

Cart #picoroid-1 | 2022-10-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hello everyone!

I'm fairly new to PICO-8, so I figured trying to port a game might help me get used to PICO-8. I decided to start with Asteroids, figuring it would be a fairly simple port. It was actually more complex than I thought. I think I've managed to replicate the feel of the original game, but I wouldn't be surprised if I've missed a thing or two - I was never the best at this game.

Feedback would be appreciated,
Thank you!

P#119360 2022-10-20 02:48 ( Edited 2022-10-22 01:39)