Follow
anefiox
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #possiblyendlessgolf-0 | 2023-11-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Possibly Endless Golf Demake

This is a demake of Possibly Endless Golf

I've always wanted to write a procedurally generated game and love chilled out golf games. This did actually start as a pico-8 project but I couldn't get the level generation correct so I moved to Monogame as I have more experience with C#. Once I finished my first Steam release. I thought I'd come back and finish what I started, now that I understood how to generate levels.

Aim of the game is to get the ball in the square hole.

Controls:
left/right to move the direction arrow
up/down to modify the power bar
Z to hit the ball

Top left labels:
L = level number
T = total number of shots throughout game
H = total number of shot in current level

I hope you enjoy it. I will be releasing a cleaner version of the code to Github soon. The physics could do with a bit of tweaking and I don't like how the collision with the hole works but I feel like I need to write something new as a kind of coding palette cleanse.

P#136972 2023-11-05 17:31 ( Edited 2023-11-05 18:16)

Cart #perfectfit-1 | 2023-03-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I've written a small game about fitting a block through a gap. The smaller the gap the better the score. Left/right buttons move the left paddle in that direction and the right in the opposite direction. The Z button drops the block and you can also use the X button to pause the game but I might remove this. The block reduces in size each time you are successful and the game speeds up once you get through all size of block.

I'd like to add menus, a level select with how well you've done in each level and maybe some music.

I've also now ported this to iOS: https://apps.apple.com/tt/app/perfect-fit-block-drop/id6449626297 and Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anefiox.PerfectFitBlockDrop

P#127367 2023-03-20 16:54 ( Edited 2023-06-06 19:33)

Cart #invertworld-4 | 2022-10-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

I have finally released my first game/demo for pico-8! It's and endless runner that it's main concept is that you can flip or invert the world. The idea came about after reading through the Playdate SDK and seeing there was a way to flip the colours on the 1bit display. I thought I'd prototype on pico-8 first and then port to the Playdate console. The port is going well and I hope to have it released by the weekend. I will attach a link to an itch.io page when it is ready.

The code is not the most efficient but if I do decide to extend this then I will work on not loading in and inverting the whole map on each Z button press.

CONTROLS
-- UP or X to jump
-- Z to invert the world

Hard difficulty gives you checkpoints while insane difficulty takes them away.

I've also added a combination of keys to take you back to the main menu which is Z + X + DOWN. If you'd like to reset your progress I'd use this command then select insane difficulty to reset your game position.

Please let me know if you find any bugs. Also comments and criticisms would be much appreciated.

Save game bug has now been fixed.

I now have a itch.io page with both pico-8 and playdate versions on there.

Invert World on itch.io

P#117660 2022-09-19 21:46 ( Edited 2022-10-27 15:56)

Cart #diving2022-0 | 2022-04-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hi all,
I'm new to pico-8 and enjoying the constraints. I'm trying to create a diving game inspired by the old Daily Thompson's supertest game on the Amstrad. I have my scene with jumping working but I'm having issues rotating the sprite once you press left or right. I'm trying to use @freds72 rotation code and something is obviously rotating but I don't understand the parameters of the function. Is this correct?

--sx = x location of sprite on spritesheet
--sy = y location of sprite on spritesheet
--x = is this for the rotation area?
--y = is this for the rotation area?
a = angle of rotation
w = width of sprite (although mine is rectangular)
rspr(sx,sy,x,y,a,w)

Once I've got rotation sorted. I'm going to figure out number of turns and angle of the divers head relative to the water, so I can get the judges scoring in. I think my next big challenge will probably be getting the board to bend when hit.

Thanks for taking a look. Hopefully I can release something more playable soon.

P#110656 2022-04-21 16:28 ( Edited 2022-04-21 16:29)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 13:30:15 | 0.077s | Q:22