Follow
blakers
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #blakers_mothernature1_0-0 | 2022-02-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A game about Mother Nature defending her last tree from an army of sweaty lumberjacks who simply want some wood.

This game was made for 'My First Game Jam: Winter 2022', and is my second game that I've created for the Pico-8 console.

I cut (hehe) quite a few planned features to finish the game by the end of the game-jam, I might add these features in the future.

Please comment your high scores and any feedback you may have if possible. Much appreciated, enjoy.

Controls:

Z: Shoot
Arrow keys: Move

P#106404 2022-02-05 23:34

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #blakers_flappy_pico-0 | 2022-01-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A 'flappy bird', or 'helicopter game' clone created in the Pico-8 fantasy game console during an evening learning how to develop Pico-8 games.

Controls (PC):

Z: Menu accept

X: Menu back or Restart (on death)

Up Arrow: Jump (in game) OR menu navigation up

Down Arrow: Menu navigation down

I got much of the base code from this zine https://mboffin.itch.io/gamedev-with-pico-8-issue1 created by @MBoffin, and I built various extra features on his code! So big credits to him for creating a great zine to get me started creating my first game in pico-8.

Additional features I added to his code:

• Main menu system

• Character auto-jumping behaviour during main menu

• Coins (+500 point on collection)

• Time-based (frame) animation system (coin animation)

• Coin spawning (can be slightly buggy sometimes still, spawning in the walls)

• Tweaked the jumping method, making it more predictable and controllable

• Variable character movement speed on score increasing (challenge increases with time)

-Different art

... and probably some more! Feel free to snag my code and tweak it yourself, add some cool things! Send me your modifications if you do it, I'd love to see it. I hope you even slightly enjoy my crappy game! Thanks :D

P#105430 2022-01-20 19:10

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 16:08:04 | 0.067s | Q:14