Follow
hen
[ :: Read More :: ]

Hey there!

This has been bothering me for a while so I decided to try and figure out how to fix it. This is the same bug as these other posts:

It looks like this:

Safari doesn’t accept strings like “2021-01-24 11:43:00” as parameters to the date constructor. But if that space in the middle is a “T” instead then it’s fine. So I put together a gist showing a potential code change to fix the BBS post dates on Safari:

https://gist.github.com/hendotcat/a50d71b114a145f5dd95587ad2dad78b

Here’s the effect of the replace() call in Safari. You can see how addding the “T” in the middle fixes it so that it no longer fails to parse.

And here’s the same two lines of code in Chrome, showing that adding the replace() call doesn’t affect the currently working date parsing there.

Would be really really nice to get this working, cos it’s surprisingly disorienting having all the posts dated as “NaN years ago” every time you come to the BBS! Hope this helps get it fixed! 😇

P#86744 2021-01-24 11:00 ( Edited 2021-01-24 11:09)

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #tailbone-0 | 2020-08-24 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

How to play

Press x to jump

Press x again to slam

Hold x for more hangtime before a slam

Chain slams to max out the combo bar

About

This is inspired by the no internet dinosaur runner game in the Chrome browser, with a slight Tony Hawk's Pro Skater twist. Instead of avoiding the cactuses, the goal is to skate and destroy. So you keep your combo alive by staying off the ground, and every time you max out the combo bar you get a score bonus and the difficulty ratchets up. Things become quite frantic in the higher levels with the amount of meteors and lava you have to dodge.

From time to time you'll see a meteor vanish prematurely due to some bug I just never found time to fix. There's also a lovely "good" bug in the jump code which means you can sneak in an extra jump+slam cycle after grinding on the power cables if you get the X input sequence just right. I kept this in because it feels right, like the electricity has charged your board up with an extra bit of double jump juice.

I actually finished this more than two years ago and have been lurking around here on the forums ever since. Quite fun looking over the code just now, which at this point looks to me like it was written by a stranger. The game would really have benefited from some tooltips or something to teach the gameplay mechanics but you know how it is with that token limit! 😇

P#81116 2020-08-24 18:02 ( Edited 2020-09-04 19:30)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 03:05:52 | 0.066s | Q:11