This is a demo for my next game, The Cat's Meow 2.
Muffie's café has started, but recently her business has been flagging thanks to a new café that opened up. And to make things worse, its owner has spread rumours about it. It's up to Lily (again) to save the reputation of the café.
This demo contains only four levels. I'm releasing a demo to ask for feedback. What sorts of things do you like and not like about this demo? Anything you think I should add? Anything I could do to make the game better?
4793/8192 tokens used
23893/65535 characters used
The Cat's Meow
You are a kid named Lily, who has been hired by Muffie to get her café business started.
The café is almost ready to open, but she needs an interesting menu to draw in a crowd.
She requests you to find three exotic coffee beans to give her drinks a unique flavour.
Each one of these coffee beans lie at the end of tough gauntlets.
Can you brave the challenges and make her dream a reality?
After you've beaten the game, why not give the other modes a go?
Z/C - Jump
X - Run
Arrow keys - Move
- Chopin's Nocturne (Op.9, No.2)
- Sonic 3 Chrome Gadget
- Katy Parry's E.T.
- 8-bit Guy Junk Keyboard Theme
- Nerdy Teachers (introduced me to pico8 in general)
- PrincessChooChoo (helped me with the sine wave code)
- The Pico8 Discord
- All sound and graphics resources were used up 100%
- Ending image was stored as a text string
- Fixed the ending picture not displaying correctly in newer versions of PICO-8
- Fixed a massive oversight where the map didn't reset upon restarting the game
- Changed 5 rooms in the Laboratory
- Changed one room in the Cigarette Caves
- Changed one room in the Underwater
- Changed one room in the hub area
- Now you don't have to reset if you fail a perfect challenge
- A fanfare should now play if you complete a perfect challenge
- Changed the appearances of the conveyor belts
- Initial release
This is a fairly basic issue I'm facing... On Linux Mint 19.3, when I go to paste a function, it pastes twice when I only hit the key combo once. The same issue occurs when I go to undo something in the sprite/map editor. Is there anything else I should include in this report?