Follow
robdubbin
Hover Gulch!
by

Cart #onecoincowboy-0 | 2023-04-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Made this in early 2019 as a first pico project. Straight clone of DEAD EYE -- you're moving left and right and shooting (out of your hat) to keep the coin in the air. Score points for directing the coin into bats and birds, game over when it falls.

1 comment

Cart #himohimusi-2 | 2022-10-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Welcome to Tricky Treats, where at last, pumpkins get a chance to eat. But beware! This one has some dietary restrictions!

How to Play

• Try to feed the Jack-O-Lantern during its demonic, thirty-second midnight ride.
  • The left and right arrows control your hands. Press and hold left or right to grab something, and release to toss into the gourd's gaping maw.
  • Press the down arrow to slow your hideous hell-steed and grab things more easily.
  • Press the Z and X buttons to interact with your new friend.

I made this game over the course of the last week and had a blast. Hope you enjoy it!

Special Thanks to Caleb, Hanahlie, Asher, Elia, Coco, Marigold, Pico, Martin, JW, Zach, Frank, the entire pico-8 community, and Sandy.

2 comments

Cart #himohimusi-1 | 2022-10-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Well, I did it: I started a Halloween pico game the week before Halloween. It started as a talking Jack-O-Lantern puppet and it still kind of is that, but also there's a game included now!

HOW TO PLAY

• Try to feed the pumpkin, who fair warning is kind of a finicky eater.
  • Press left and right arrow keys to pick up objects with your pumpkin-y hands. Release to fling them into your grinning maw.
  • Press the down arrow to slow your hellish steed and get more stuff.
  • Press X to commune with this demonic gourd.
  • Press Z to waggle your eyebrows.

Feedback welcome, I'd like to add some music and hope to keep tweaking this until the big day.

UPDATE 10/30: On the eve of Halloween, I've added music, tweaked the game loop, and allowed you to slow down your freaky horse to collect more garbage to eat. Release soon!

1 comment

Cart #hovergulch-10 | 2024-01-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

You are a futuristic hovercar developed by the trillionaire owner of a stagnant maze-racing circuit. He has loaded you up with special powers so you can embarrass all the league's other cars.

How to Play

• You must spin out rival cars by ramming them, catching them in your boost trail, or spinning another car into them.

• Spin out the required number of cars on each level to unlock the checkered flag. Grab the flag to advance.

• You are invincible while using your powers but vulnerable while you are not. Walls never hurt you, thanks to advanced bouncing science.

• All your special powers always trigger at the same time. This consumes gel because nothing is truly free.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

4 comments