Cart #rhagedoza-0 | 2020-09-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Elite Velocity

Version 1.0 2020-09-01

Asteroid Miner's Flight Training Manual

Up - Thrust
Left/Right - Turn Left/Right
Down - Charge warp (requires fuel)
X - Fire Weapon
Z - Dock at station / tractor beam (requires purchase)

Congratulations on your purchase of the Arrow-class shuttle. This shuttle is rated for asteroid mining and is equipped with a mk1 blaster for destroying asteroids and self-defense. You will also find a warp drive pre-installed, allowing jumps to new systems in deep space. An asteroid-scoop allows easy ore collection by simply flying into floating pieces of ore. Finally, expansion slots allow room for upgrades such as a tractor beam, IFF radar, and powerful mining lasers. These upgrades can be purchased and installed by licensed technicians found at space stations across the galaxy.

Asteroid mining is an extremely profitable enterprise for any intrepid pilot willing to take their vessel into deep space. With some luck, a good captain can score an early retirement in short order! Safe flying, captain!

Tips n' Tricks

• Shoot and destroy asteroids to reveal ore. Acquire ore by flying over it.
  • Dock at space stations to purchase fuel and upgrades with ore.
  • Once you've cleared out a system of asteroids, use fuel to warp to the next system.
  • Ensure you always have enough ore to purchase fuel, or you may become stranded in deep space!
  • Watch out for space pirates who will attempt to destroy you. The farther you warp into deep space, the more dangerous and numerous they become! Defend yourself with your ship's blaster.
  • Be wary, if you linger in a system for too long, pirates will track you down!
  • Once you've collected enough ore to live out a long and healthy life, you can choose to RETIRE at any space station.
  • If you take damage you can buy a REPAIR at any space station.
P#81427 2020-09-01 18:47 ( Edited 2020-09-01 19:55)

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #wahhigeye-1 | 2020-07-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Welcome to the Chasm of Screams

"Unceremoniously thrust out of stasis, you exit the derelict jumpship and land on the slick tarmac of a waterborne facility. Heavy rains and rolling waves batter the rusting catwalks of this ocean rig. Lightning storms and crumbling megastructures dot the horizon.

Skeletal claws and glowing eyes lunge from the shadows. They hunger for your soul.

Someone or something is tight-beaming you a basic combat survival guide via an open frequency:"

• Use the arrow keys to navigate the environment. Move into enemies to attack with your melee weapon.
  • Use X to interact with objects that you are standing on top of, such as picking up a new weapon or descending stairs.
  • Use Z to enter aim mode. Use the arrow keys to highlight an enemy with your reticle, then press Z again to fire your ranged weapon.
  • While you are in Aim mode, press X at any time to cancel Aim mode.

"Mission Objective: Infiltrate Level 7 of the rig and defeat all monsters within."

Hello everyone, this game is my first coding project ever. It is a simple combat-focused roguelike with a aiming mechanic for using ranged weapons. I have been poking at it on-and-off for a while now to self-teach myself Pico-8 and LUA. I figured it was time to "finish" it and upload it instead of spending forever picking at every possible bug and feature. The code I've written is really bad (REALLY bad) but I'm happy to have something that actually works from start to finish. At the start of the code I've credited anyone who I borrowed code snippets from or otherwise got inspiration from their carts/tutorials. Thanks for taking a look and I hope you enjoy!

• RaptorBandit

Notes: Unfortunately the music sounds pretty funky via the web player in chrome. I recommend downloading the cart and playing it locally.

Updated to version 1.1 2020/07/21
-fixed runtime error line 80 tab 3

P#78723 2020-06-30 20:50 ( Edited 2020-07-21 14:27)

[ :: Read More :: ]

Hi everyone, I seem to have coded myself into a bit of a hole and I'm hoping someone has a suggestion on how to get out of it!

What I need to be able to do is - iterate through all the subtables in a table, and delete any subtables that have identical values. Below is the setup and the two methods my researching has found, but I've tried both so far with no success:

x = {}

add(x,{a=1})

add(x,{a=1})

--table x now has two subtables
--that both contain a=1, and we
--need to delete the duplicate!

Method one:

index={}
for t in all(x) do
    if index[t] then
        del(x,t)
    end
    index[t]=true
end

No luck with this one, it DOES work if the duplicate values live in the main table and outside of the subtable, but I'm having trouble formatting it correctly to check the subtables.

Method two:

for i=1,#x do
    if x[i].a == x[i+1].a then
     del(x,i)
    end
end

Still no luck! This method gives me a runtime error:

if x[i].a ==x[i+1].a then
attemp to index field '?' (a nil value)

Any suggestions anyone has on how to do this properly would be much appreciated!

P#58512 2018-10-28 17:08 ( Edited 2018-10-28 21:08)