Follow
Barts
[ :: Read More :: ]

My name is Bart (short for Bartłomiej). I am preparing an article about Polish PICO-8 developers. Normally, I would try to contact Krajzeg, Mr Kozlowski, Krystman, Darkhog and others via private messages or something along these lines, but I am not able to do it using this forum. Therefore, I allow myself to rally them via this post - I hope this is okay.

I would be very grateful if you could send me an e-mail and we can take it from there. My last name is Nagorski and e-mail address is full_first_name.last_name AT gmail.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

P#60457 2018-12-31 12:29

Hi everyone,

New to all this Pico-8 party, a little late, a little lost. I will be out in the woods (metaphorically) for a while, with no internet access or very occasional one. I would like to experiment with Pico-8 in the meantime. How do I secure resources for offline development?

Webpage tutorials - I can save them to PDF, take them with me. Plus Picozines #1-#4 and I should be good.

Cartridges - if I understand correctly, I should just save PNG files, right? And I can peek at the code inside?

Any other resources - for pixel art tracing and writing code in slightly less pixelly font. Any recommendations?

Also, while I am at it: the structure of this forum (BBS?) is a little confusing to me. If I am asking in the wrong section, please move it to correct one.

P#56160 2018-09-04 07:21 ( Edited 2018-09-05 10:21)

"Using the Pico-8 restrictions, create a mock-up of a title screen for a new and original game.

The title of your made up game must have exactly three words in its title. Hyphenated words and contractions count as one word."

News item

Link to gallery

P#31020 2016-10-16 07:04 ( Edited 2016-10-16 11:06)