Follow
digitalcth
Pikobones - COTL dice game remake
by digitalcth
SHOW MORE

Cart #pikobones-6 | 2022-11-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pikobones is a remake for Cult of the Lamb's knucklebones dice mini game.

Core game is basic roll the dice, place it on one of the 3 rows in your board, get double or triple points if there are two or three with same value on the row. Highest score wins.
You can also remove an opponent dice if you place the same number on his opposite row.

The core game mechanics is simple, and sets important structures I should respect later, not funny.
Then I add an actors and controls systems, just enough to include a couple of simple AI strategies I can combine to create four "AI personalities" to face in the game.
One of my first ideas was to include a simple bet system so I can go back to the game in the future and see myself rich in a virtual space.
Anyways, I discover that the bet system allows me to set a simple progression system: to unlock opponents you must comply a minimum bet, money you have to won betting and playing.
Lastly I add the avatars and review the music, menu and instructions were polished during the whole development.

I've enjoy doodling around with pico for a while, i have lots of prototypes, and this is this is my first "full featured" pico-8 "mini" game i've publish here.

I've code this game during October, hoping to publish it on Halloween, but wasn't finished; I didn't rush the development, and only can spend couple of hours at nights and weekends, so I should implement each feature in no more than one or two sessions, and the scope-detail-code needs to be short but effective.

I'm still improving some minor stuff, and still want to fix bugs if you found them.

Game is published on https://luistoledo.itch.io/pikobones too, but I would like to share/discuss development details here.

Changelog
v0.5 uploaded to the BBS
v0.6 fix tie, add finish msg, change player name & pvp

P#120658 2022-11-14 04:31 ( Edited 2022-11-19 22:20)

SHOW MORE

Cart #52793 | 2018-05-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made "demake" of a game I found on twitter by @SeanNoonan scald. The game looks so cool and I feel the needs to code!

It is just a quick and dirty free implementation in around 1000 tokens (not particularly optimized).

P#52794 2018-05-15 19:34 ( Edited 2018-05-15 23:34)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 10:43:44 | 0.106s | Q:14