If you got ideas for challenges please share them here. I only came up with those 6 and they are mostly pretty same-y. They don't need to be super hard, I'm not looking to make an impossible game. :P
arrows -> move and aim
z -> shoot
x -> lock aim to current direction
x (tap quickly) -> jump
Changes for 0.4.1
- added challenges
- menu updated
- minor fixes
Pickup the gray boxes for randomly generated weapons. There are no ammo refills.
Weapons' properties can be determined by looking a the gun's barrel(s). See if you can figure it out.
Enemies can be killed by pushing them into the spikes or by shooting them three times.
Changes for 0.0.3
- z axis
- start menu
- proper game over
Changes for 0.0.2
- Enemies now appear in growing waves
- Moves shadows behind every character
- Shooting sound effects
I just started throwing stuff together without a clear plan. It might be going somewhere. Still very much work in progress.
I need to recover from Bombmans. So, have Snakes and Ladders. The one and only purely skill based board game now for the first time (probably not) in digital form. It's a metaphor for life or something.
How to play:
- move with arrow keys
- drop bombs with z
- collecting powerups increases you bomb count and flame reach
I'll just pronounce this game complete (for now). I pretty much burned myself out making it (and doing nothing else) for a whole week. It was fun though.
Changes in v1.0
- Fixed a graphics glich when starting a game with no players
- Added support for 4 human players
- Added a demo mode that starts after idling for 10 seconds in the menu (makes it easier to show it to people on a phone)
I made a timelapse video of the creation process.
I have been making this for a full week now with almost every minute of free time I have had (last weekend and after work).
Making the mechanics took only around 6 hours in total, but the AI has been painful to get working properly (hence the excessive debug info) and it's still not quite how I would like. The AI is around 5000 symbols of the current 7777 used (I just noticed :O ) at this point. I haven't optimized or cleaned it up at all. (And now after noticing that 7777 I probably don't want to. :D )
The graphics I overhauled in a couple hours yesterday. It was my first time drawing dithering, I'm quite happy with how it turned out. The title screen definitely could use some work. Also background music would be nice but I'm hopeless in that regard.
I have screen captured the entire creation process as a timelapse and will make some kind of video out of it. It'll probably be mostly boring coding and head scratching but I wanted to give it a try anyway.
EDIT: Aaaand here is the video (EDIT2: now with MUCH better quality)