Follow
Hyoscine
[ :: Read More :: ]

Is Voxatron just dead in the water? Could we get a blog post either way? The lack of updates is disappointing, and the lack of transparency is frustrating. Zep, could you treat Voxatron less like a hobby you're losing interest in, and more like a product people have paid for? I think the least you could do is a state-of-play blog post once a month or so, letting us know where you're at... Delays happen, of course, but it would be reassuring to know you're actually still working on this.

P#115531 2022-08-09 23:28

[ :: Read More :: ]

Hi,

I'm starting my first game, a simple exploration game with some basic NPC dialogue, and lock and key puzzles. I've spent a couple of hours in the editor, and I'm comfortable with modelling and simple animation now, but I can't figure out how scripting works, so I'm struggling to get an idea of what you can or can't tweak.

For now I'm happy making levels, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could just let know if the following things are possible, so I can uh, adjust my vision accordingly...

• Disabling weapons, or editing the starting weapon into some kind of short range "interact with" function
  • Converting the HUD into a dialogue box for that "interact with" function
  • Having a "lost" NPC follow you after initiating dialogue (hitting them or bumping into them)

That's it really. I know the implementation of this stuff might change for the easier any day now with 3.5 being just around the corner, but I'd like to make this as part of a Christmas present, so I can't really put it off any longer. So, yeah, any advice would be gratefully received!

Cheers,
Jay

P#59736 2018-12-06 02:48