Dodge to destroy as many rockets as possible and collect coins as long as you can
Use Left and Right Arrow keys to control the plane
- More planes to unlock
- Better enemy spawn
- Sky background
- Each coin is now equal to 5 points
- Added enemy spawn indicator
- Bigger sky background
- Increased the volume of background music
- Changed where enemy spawns to nerf all the strategies that were ruining the game
- Added funny death messages
Good, @siddharthroy, but some of those rockets come out of NOWHERE and you have no chance to dodge !
May I suggest you use pips or pixels on the edges of the screen to show an incoming rocket at that angle so the player is better informed of incoming targets that have not entered the screen yet.
This is fun, but I agree with @dw817 that off-screen pips would be nice. I got to 151 points, but I doubt I'll get the 200 for the final unlock.
Optimal play feels like continuously holding down a turn arrow to fly in circles, rarely releasing it to dodge an incoming rocket or pick up a nearby coin. It may be most fun if it stays a game of circling. But I'm wondering how it would feel if you had a goal of travelling somewhere, so had to trade off the short term tactic of turning with the long-term strategy of trying to cover distance. One of:
- Scoring additional points based on distance from the start point when the game ends
- Many coins spawned in a straight line through the sky
- Occasional high-value coins spawned a couple of screens away, also indicated by pips
- A goal island showing up in the background that you have to fly to (probably too many tokens and graphics needed for that one)
@siddarthroy - I have managed a highscore of 185!
However there is a way to get high scores which changes the game for the worse.
Always head up. The rockets seem to spawn from the left or right and never seem to spawn directly in front of you. As they almost catch you, turn a couple of times so they crash into each other. Ignore coins and keep heading upwards turning when necessary.
From the screenshot you can see the high number of enemies killed and the low number of coins. I am continuing to play and enjoy your game but now I am trying to avoid using this strategy!
[Please log in to post a comment]