[updated from WIP post]

I saw the announcement for this week's TweetTweetJam #7 and here's a barely-roguelike in 560 characters.

Feedback, or suggestions for other character shaving welcome!

Cart #twrogue-2 | 2021-11-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Gameplay:

• Use arrow keys and try to get as high a score or level as possible (my personal records are 140 points and level 8, but it's hard)
  • Hitting two arrow keys at once lets you move diagonally (but requires some skill+luck on a keyboard!)
  • Every heart (♥) you collect raises your score
  • Every step you take or spike (∧) you step on lowers your score
  • The house (⌂) transports you to a new more challenging level (and raises your score)
  • The game ends if you are eaten by the dragon(🐱) or your score drops to 0...
  • To restart the game you'll need to reload

Note: the game is definitely unfair in that it can generate a level where it's impossible to reach the goal or avoid the dragon (though note the diagonal-move trick above) and you'll have to reload and try again.

If I find time I will come back to it based on @dw817's comment below and figure out if I can cut some functionality (maybe level progression) and add in a way to organically generate a known-solvable map layout.

side note: I had a question about flip() but couldn't reproduce it, so removed it

P#100252 2021-11-17 05:25 ( Edited 2021-12-11 19:10)

Post-Release Comments

This is great!

P#100625 2021-11-22 16:38

You are correct about the FLIP(), @icegoat. That is puzzling indeed ! There is no reason you couldn't attach code on the end of that.

I would mark that as another error for @zep to examine.

P#100626 2021-11-22 16:55

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 04:59:30 | 0.029s | Q:19