[updated from WIP post]
I saw the announcement for this week's TweetTweetJam #7 and here's a barely-roguelike in 560 characters.
Feedback, or suggestions for other character shaving welcome!
- Use arrow keys and try to get as high a score or level as possible (my personal records are 140 points and level 8, but it's hard)
- Hitting two arrow keys at once lets you move diagonally (but requires some skill+luck on a keyboard!)
- Every heart (♥) you collect raises your score
- Every step you take or spike (∧) you step on lowers your score
- The house (⌂) transports you to a new more challenging level (and raises your score)
- The game ends if you are eaten by the dragon(🐱) or your score drops to 0...
- To restart the game you'll need to reload
Note: the game is definitely unfair in that it can generate a level where it's impossible to reach the goal or avoid the dragon (though note the diagonal-move trick above) and you'll have to reload and try again.
If I find time I will come back to it based on @dw817's comment below and figure out if I can cut some functionality (maybe level progression) and add in a way to organically generate a known-solvable map layout.
side note: I had a question about flip() but couldn't reproduce it, so removed it
P#100252 2021-11-17 05:25 ( Edited 2021-12-11 19:10)
[Please log in to post a comment]