- Added X as alternative jump button
- Added force skip to dialogues
- Fix minor bugs
Update 04/02-2017: Fixed bugs that were added from fixing other bugs...why
Update 04/02-2017: Fixed minor bugs.
Finally, after a long time i'm done with my first pico8 game. I was in way over my head with this game. Making a huge platformer as a first project = bad idea.
I dedicated this game to my father who's birthday is coming up soon. I also made this game because of my fear of eyes.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the ride! If you find any bugs, please tell me!
Huge shoutout to ElastiskaLinjen who kept me going with this. I would never have done this without him! Check out his games here on pico, they are pretty darn sweet!
Nice game, I enjoyed playing it. The sprites are pretty good and the mountain background reminded me of Yoshi's Island. The rain and dust effects are also a nice touch. Being able to skip text boxes would have been nice and maybe a special ending if you manage to beat the game unscathed?
I also found a couple minor bugs:
- you can still hear the jump sound effect after you died
- in one screen i fell down on a spike and died before i even saw the screen. it still triggered the save spot
- i got stuck the first time with wrong gravity on the screen with the antigravity chest and had to restart. or maybe i just missed a way to get to the chest
- there's one gate that closes again after a death, others stay open
- the camera can become bugged after you die
- backtracking with the antigravity item allows you to fall through the cave top in one screen
@blizzz - Thanks for all the kind words! I will certainly think about beating the game without dying once grant a new ending, interesting thought. While the game itself is pretty short, the text boxes are there to stay, valid input tho :)
edit1: I actually might just add skipping them :D
As for the bugs, thank you for reporting them, i'll look into those things :) I tried to fix all bugs before releasing, but it's tedious. Easier if other people play it and report back, so thank you!
@ultrabrite, Yes you are correct, I'm looking into rewriting the camera scrolling a bit. It's been tedious making it work this far hehe.
Otherwise thanks for your kind words!
Log in to post a comment