Title: Metal Gear Voxel
Type: Tactical Espionage Action (a little bit of everything)
After many, many hours of work.... It's a few minutes long.
The first stable landmark release of my Metal Gear tribute, Metal Gear Voxel. Inspired heavily by Metal Gear Solid 3, I've done my best to "voxelize" the graphics, style, and gameplay of Metal Gear Solid in Voxatron to create a fun fusion of the two games. At this point, I've completed work on the Virtuous Mission portion, which I believe is a good point to rest, pause, and get some user feedback on the level so far. I highly appreciate any feedback you have to give!
Thanks for playing and have fun!
UPDATE V0.1.2 (1/15/14)
+Intro cutscene added
+First boss added
+Corpses added (they bleed when you push them! :D)
+NPC Gallery added
+minor gameplay tweaks
Be sure to check out new updates!
An extremely important part of any Metal Gear game is stealth, but I'm having trouble with a few simple enemy behaviors:
1) Patrolling: Just wanted confirmation that this behavior is broken in 0.2.9 and I'm not simply misusing it.
2) Shooting-on-sight: As of now, I've got my basic guard enemies set to chase player without xray vision and to fire at a random interval of a few seconds on average. What I'd ultimately like to create are patrolling guards who chase on sight and have a chance to fire ONLY when they see the player. Ideally, being seen will be very bad news, with hard-to-dodge shots likely costing the player 2 hearts and encouraging sneaking/stealthy elimination. Is this at all possible in 0.2.9?
1) Which name is better: 'Voxhound' or 'Metal Gear Voxel'? I've already got a pretty sweet title screen for Metal Gear Voxel, but I'm not terribly attached.
2) How do I update my BBS level with a newer version without reposting?
1) I don't know about that, I'll try testing it
2)I do think this was planned for 0.3.x and we are already in 0.2.9
1) your game seems to much like a copy! try doing something a bit more original! with that much work you could totally make a different thing without having to copy metal gear (just my opinion)
2)just replace your number on the post and thats all!
Thanks! I'm going more for a tribute than a copy. I love Metal Gear, and I want to make a fun Voxatron version to show my appreciation for both games. Sort of a cute voxel translation, if you will.
When you say replace the number, you mean edit the comment and change the "" into.. what , exactly?
oh my that stealth! I never played a voxatron level like this totally a strong point
I like how health is hidden on every map, just like a collectionable item, pretty interesting.
the graphics are nice too! thou the jump does feel like you are not moving at all.
about the patrol behavior, it really is broken, I can't seem to make a monster turn on a patrol behavior hitting a wall or not zep should take a look at that.
[Please log in to post a comment]