Hi! @zep I was wondering if we could have more ways to make the pico-8 code editor more customizable.
I think it would be really nice if the color-highlighting syntax stuff was changeable for what color it would display it as. so if I don't want numbers to be blue I could make them green etc.

this also goes for the background color which is changeable already but it would be nice to have some more options with that. (I really like the dark green background.)

Other options to change color syntax would be nice like function calls() being a different color from vars as well.. (maybe some other stuff too I'm not thinking about..)

Anyways it would be nice if you could make the code editor more customized to how you like to code, and having all of this be some numbers in the config file would be awesome!

For example if the function call stuff by default was still lightgray it would be nice to change that to be different. so even stuff that's the same by default could be changed if people didn't want it that way.

Anyways Here's a example of what I was talking about; if it isn't to much work I think this would just give more options to how people want to work in pico-8 without changing pico-8's editor by default at all.

Thanks for reading this! ^_^ (not sure if #bugs was the right place to post it but here)

(PS: If anyone reads this in the future I want to say that the idea of handing syntax highlighting colors, or really just the colors used by the IDE off to the user is incredibly stupid.. or at least over kill.
I don't want this any more... Still want that col3 bg but ya I retract this; wth was I thinking?)

P#83022 2020-10-17 01:10 ( Edited 2022-01-05 10:26)

Bump, it would be cool to get some more syntax highlighting. For function calls I guess the last word before parenthesis should just be highlighted due to how everything in lua is a variable and can be a function XP. Tables can be highlighted the same way - coloring the last word before square brackets.

P#84076 2020-11-10 11:24 ( Edited 2020-11-10 11:25)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-20 04:35:42 | 0.007s | Q:13