Boomby is a special kind of bomb that never stops exploding. Help him out by finding the nearest pool of water as soon as possible, but not without collecting some coin on the way there.
How to Play:
- Boomby explodes (aka: jumps) every 2 seconds. Keep track of the timebar at the bottom of the screen, time your moves right.
- There are multiple routes to the pool, keep exploring if you get stuck or frustrated at a section of the map.
- Trampolines are a tricky, patience pays off. Try not to rush out of the first explosion after touching one. After the first explosion, the bounce rhythm balances out.
- There are 3 bomb "keys" (red, green, blue). These allow you to destroy colored bricks.
- Yellow Coins: $1, Platinum Coins: $5, Green Coins: $20
- The only purpose of crouching is to move the camera down (and to look cute, actually).
- How fast can you reach the pool?
- How much money can you collect in one go?
- Can you reach the pool without getting the colored bomb keys?
- This game was made in about a week for itch.io's LOWREZJAM 2020.
- I tried my best to prevent the player from being in a stuck situation, but if you find a case, please let me know.
- Any other feedback is greatly appreciated.
- 8/22/2020 - Small post-jam polish pass: added a bass line to the music and a few sound effects that felt missing from the jam version.
Great game - very creative! The level design is well done where the jumps can be challenging but there's enough leniency that they are not frustrating. I'm glad you made multiple routes to the pool because I wasn't able to find all of the keys before finishing
[Please log in to post a comment]