I'm posting this here because I'm not sure if it will get any more development, but this is a game I made for a 1-Bit weekend game jam (this one: https://itch.io/jam/1-bit-weekend). The game itself is "complete" in that there are no half-finished levels or artwork, it's just a little short due to the time constraints (it was a 3 day jam but work meant I only really had 2 days). Anyway, here it is. More info below if you're interested.

Cart #radtown0-0 | 2020-06-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The game and art was done entirely by me, and my partner in music projects put together some nice tunes (all the music was by him). You can find the Itch page here; https://b3agz.itch.io/escape-from-radtown. But to save you a click, here's the text from the page:

Radtown is a radioactive mess. I mean, really; it's in the name. You want out, but the city's high walls and inexplicable moat of radioactive waste makes escaping a little tricky.

But you have a special power.

Using a mysterious mirror you can shift into the, uhm, Mirror World...ok I'mma level with you. This game was created for a 3 day game jam and the story does't make a whole lot of sense. Just go with it.

The jam in question was Aspect Manufacture's 1 Bit Weekend, where the restriction was to create a game using only two colours (at one time) using at least one of the following themes;

Radioactive
Reflections
Dragons
So that's that. The controls are standard Pico controls (arrow keys and Z / X for actions), but there's a tutorial bit in the game. This was a lot of fun to make. It's not very long for obvious reasons, but I hope you enjoy it.

And, for those what might be interested, I also streamed the first couple hours of the jam,

P#78393 2020-06-22 14:39

Very interesting game and mechanics, well done!

P#78422 2020-06-23 09:02

Thanks! The original mechanic had the "mirror world" actually flip the screen and controls as well. But that was not fun :-/

P#78423 2020-06-23 09:57

I didn't think it was worth making a new post, but there's now a video about the creation of this game;

P#78983 2020-07-06 12:07

I like it ^_^ some of the later levels are a bit janky but who cares. biggest annoyince is that the music stops and restarts everytime it changes in stead of a fade but to be honest that's hard to do in pico. Good stuff! (Just saw the vid, didn't mean to point it out when you allready did : o )

P#79006 2020-07-07 06:42 ( Edited 2020-07-07 06:51)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-16 17:37:23 | 0.010s | Q:20