Hey All

I added a few more features to the BBS:

If you click on a user's name to view their profile (here's mine), you can now also use the links at the top to view a summary of their posts, levels and files. There's also a yet-to-be-implemented favourites mode that will allow you to view/play another user's voxatron level favourites.

The posts mode is useful for checking up on your own posts. If you want to see which threads have replies in them, view the posts list on your own profile and look for the speech bubble icons on the right, indicating that there are replies to the thread.

I've also added some links to the Voxatron page:

Wiki

User-made wiki for all things Voxatron. Thanks to everyone who started this off, I think it will become a great resource. It will also become the definitive source on how to use the editor, once I get around to updating it with undocumented details!

FAQ

A list of frequently asked questions and answers for Voxatron. Let me know if you think there are more things that should be addressed here.

Voxatron Development Plan (Development Status)

It's a bit scary itemising all future development plans too early, so I've included things which are quite likely to happen in this order. The first two updates (bug fixing and bbs features) won't take too long, while the second two (adventure, monsters) are much more substantial.

I'm also working with Humble Bundle on updating the My Games page so that it is integrated with games purchased through them. In the meantime, any updates to games purchased from Humble will be available through the games page you received when you first ordered the game. This will still be the case in the future, but the plan is to eventually keep them synchronised so that you can use whichever you prefer. Humble are really going out of their way to support Lexaloffle customers going forward, amidst all of their crazy bundling projects. I hope you can bear with us while we get it sorted out.

:: Blagging

Note that you can use your profile as a kind of micro-blog. Anything you post in the 'blog' category shows up on your profile page in blog format. I set it up like this instead of having a 'General Chat' forum to encourage more thoughtful, focused posts -- but this might be a bit confusing at first. Please feel free to post about anything in the blog section. There are some suggested tags that are listed as categories on the bbs home page:

pixels pixel art and graphics
gamdev anything to do with game development
linksoup interesting things fished out of the internet
tunes any music that floats your boat, especially chip tunes & bgm

P#4744 2011-11-21 13:29 ( Edited 2011-12-14 02:42)

After all of those updates, it's still version 0.1.5 on main Voxatron page. (https://www.lexaloffle.com/voxatron.php)
"UPDATE: v0.1.5 is available now with customisable player characters"

Update it before it becomes 1.0 ;D

Just few other questions:
Can we register on wiki to edit/update few pages or that's limited to specific people for now?

Are you going to include support for letter with accents (like č,ć.ΕΎ.š,đ etc.) as someone made a map name containing some similar letter with accents, which didn't fit so well... it was kind of giant letter when it's shown on BBS list (#4739 in-game)?

Can you include feature to re-charge/swap weapons if map allows that (so that we can have more than 30 triple shots and/or switch to build blocks without losing triple shots)?

Of course, as you already did development plan, I don't expect to be available soon.

P#4747 2011-11-21 14:53 ( Edited 2011-11-21 19:53)

@tom.K Anyone can register to update pages as far as I know.

@zep Awesome update, this is a huge step in the right direction when it comes to BBS organization.

P#4755 2011-11-21 18:41 ( Edited 2011-11-21 23:41)

Excellent profile/post history stuff, that's been something I've been hoping for! Can't wait for new Voxatron stuff. It's been a while since our last update, but I suppose it's all the same to me if it doesn't come out for a while anyway, since I've been all-skyrim-all-the-time anyway. ;)

P#4984 2011-11-27 10:56 ( Edited 2011-11-27 15:56)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 17:51:54 | 0.008s | Q:22