Cart #18924 | 2016-02-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The beginnings of an Arkanoid clone, based on a nice pixel art mockup by @DavitMasia.

Controls:

• left/right: move paddle
  • z: start; release ball
  • up: SECRET CHEATER LEVEL SKIP

Details:

This first version has the basic game loop -- break tiles with the ball, clearing the board will move to the next level -- but is missing just about everything else so far. No powerups, no enemies, no actual endgame (if you beat the last level, current #7, it just loops back to #1), no proper title screen, etc. Musical bits are dredged up from childhood memory and so are probably not spot on.

I hope to keep cracking away at it, get more of that added, but if anyone wants to have a go at doing so themselves they're welcome to it as well.

Very accurate experience, nicely done! Looking forward to see power-ups and the intro :)

Looks great, Runs well!

Remember to add slowdown effect to the ball. As it is now it gets very fast and stays so until you loose the ball.

And the rockets! I always loved the rockets, but the C64 version lacked of them...

Love it! The start game music brings back such vivid memories of smoky arcades. Hope you find the time to finish it off.

It's legit!

Arcade Perfect :D <3

I found a bug.

https://streamable.com/mj86qu

When the ball goes through corner of block, it stucks like this.

[Please log in to post a comment]