This is the MULTIPLAYER TECH DEMO.
If you want to play the singleplayer version you can find that here.
Important! Before you make any progress:
This version does not have any support for saving and loading your game! That was one of the things I decided to remove in order to fit the multiplayer functionality in without modifying the core gameplay and progression. If you'd rather I remove the Plantera boss or something instead, then I'll see what I can do.
In addition, this version tends to lag behind the main version in terms of updates, as making sure everything is ported over correctly takes time. I make no promises on when or if this version will recieve any updates.
A tiny fanmade demake of Terraria in PICO-8! Now with multiplayer!
If you haven't already, please consider getting the original game. This is only a small portion of what Terraria has to offer!
And if you enjoy this demake, please consider supporting me by buying one of my other games over on itch.io: https://pixelshock.itch.io/
How to play?
- A large map of 256x128 tiles, stored using the extended memory.
- Various biomes: Forest, Jungle, Corruption, Underground, Caverns, and Underground Jungle.
- 4 bosses: King Slime, Eye of Cthulhu, Ocram, and Plantera. (The Eye of Cthulhu and Ocram are night bosses and therefore can only be fought at night time)
- Many enemies for each biome and underground, with most having multiple variants. (24 in total)
- Slightly less fancy world generation with spaghetti caves.
- Mining and crafting.
- Various melee and ranged weapons. Ranged weapons automatically aim towards the nearest visible target, prioritising bosses.
- A basic palette fade lighting system, with a day-night cycle.
- Quite a few progression/recipe changes due to space limitations, details in the original version's thread. (Link in the banner above)
- Life Crystals and Shadow Orbs to smash!
Frequently Asked Questions (Probably) and Information
[Please log in to post a comment]