The first release of another finished hobby project. I mostly wanted to play around with rendering from the screen buffer, and it turned into a short little fishing/memory sequence game.

You have to guess a fish's lure and bait preference, and once your hook is in the water, you need to attract the fish by moving your rod either up, down, right, left or shake with O.

Each fish type has a unique sequence it needs in order to bite, that you have to press in the correct order.

This is where the guessing comes in. Press buttons until you see a heart icon over a fish, that means you guessed the first button. Now you can guess the next button. If you fail, the fish shows a X over it instead. Start over with the first button again, and keep guessing. The most rare 5-star fishes have a sequence of 5 buttons to press!

Once you have caught a fish, it is permanently unlocked in the fishdex and you can read what bait/lure and sequence it has.

Then take your knowledge to survival mode, and see how long you can survive.

I hope you enjoy! Any feedback is always welcome!

Cart #bharos_m_pro_fishing_ex-1 | 2022-11-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

P#120906 2022-11-18 16:44 ( Edited 2022-11-18 19:17)

Hi @bharos_. Your game looks good but I can't figure it out. Please add instructions. Thanks !

P#120925 2022-11-18 17:44

Good game! Nice graphics. I think you could improve the readability of the gameplay a bit more, but other than that, good job!

P#120947 2022-11-18 19:42

Very cool! Love the sound, visuals, and controls.
Initially I didn't see the hook rise after catching a fish and was a little confused when I saw the info about the fish pop up.
I ended up playing for a bit and managed to catch a lake sturgeon! :)

It might be nice to be able to view the fish collection somehow while playing - I had the impulse to try and catch everything, but had to reset the cart every time I wanted to see the collection.

P#121009 2022-11-19 19:55

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 12:05:26 | 0.032s | Q:23