(Receive email notifications)
The Nightportsman of El'al Raheeb
in a far away archipelago called el'al raheeb the summer weathers are not but the most extreme.
the long, scorching days limit trade between the islands. foods spoil, water evaporates, the crews are pushed past their limits by the endless sun.
despite their best attempts merchants find the summers unbearable. luckily, the winters are a much needed reprieve for the boatmen and community alike.
in winter, the sun hides for 45 days of calm darkness which brings milder temperatures and turns the multiday voyages between islands bearable. bearable at least for those merchants willing to brave the other dangers of the sea.
these critical and unique boatmen work day and night through the winter, trying their best to supply the islands and turn a profit.
when the sun eventually rises and summer approaches then the merchants finally turn home. they pray to have made enough to support their families until the next winter.
you are one of these merchants, a nightportsman, and winter has come.
good luck may elals guide you.
Tips & Tricks
This calm business sim is all about strategically packing your ship and sailing from port to port to make money.
- Keep an eye out for items which are cheap or expensive at a port, similar items will have similar prices.
- You have 45 days to make as much money as possible.
- Balance spending your money on goods with upgrading your ship, buying newspapers, and exploring.
- Island needs, positions, and traits don't change between seasons, so keep notes.
- Around 1000¥ is a great score.
This is my first attempt at anything Pico-8. I was hesitant to share here because of all the amazing stuff, but I figured I might as well. If you'd like to read about my ups and downs of building my first Pico-8 game, read my blog post about Nightportsman.