Follow
DieterHorvat

Mostly Music Maker

[ :: Read More :: ]

My Arcade Cabinet Build/Challenge

Hi all!
I'm building a coin operated Wooden Cabinet for a Pico 8 game I made a while back
(It's a local Rock-band Fangame, to go in our local bar)
I've attached an older version of the game at the bottom of the post.

With the game done and the Wooden cabinet assembled, the part I'm currently struggling wth is the Raspberry Pi, and getting it to run my single Pico 8 game on boot.

The "USB arcade Encoder"/Controller I've created seems to work well enough, at least in Retro Pi
-- but I am very unfamiliar with Raspberry Pi.
Can anyone help me get this Pico 8 game to run On boot of the Pi/Arcade cabinet?? Many thanks!

the "spidermaster" game

(note the use of the "o" button as an "insert credit": I'm wiring a 'coin acceptor' into a 'Usb Arcade encoder' controller to work as the "O" button)

Cart #toyehirere-0 | 2023-12-07 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

P#145562 2024-04-03 10:37

Cart #gigowebuse-0 | 2024-02-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Coming to an Adelaide Venue near you soon!
Prizes for high scores!

P#141453 2024-02-13 10:59

Guys I'm in big trouble here

After a break up, I had to give back the computer I was working with and acquire a new one.
I've downloaded the latest update of Pico 8 on my new cheapo ~2017 macbook air
(similar to the last computer, albeit running the most up to date MacBook OS)
now my game, the biggest I've ever worked on, runs as a black screen, and doesn't seem to want to go through the code and check where all the functions are.

I think it's because
A) I didn't work on this file on this computer
but more likely
B) it's running on a more up to date version of Pico 8...
to make matters worse:
the stupid recent Mac OS won't let me run my .bin exports I made while the game was running perfectly on that original computer
(unfortunately, foolishly, I never exported the game as a cartridge while it was running on the prior computer... only the .bin export....)

Has anyone else had a problem like this before?
where the game no longer seems to look through the code completely?

any tips or help appreciated-- I can send somebody my .bin export of the game to see if they can run it...

P#138264 2023-12-05 10:23

Cart #royegukimu-0 | 2023-07-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Badland Caravan the game! 1.0

My first finished game. It's short and a bit of a proof-of-concept, but it was a very enjoyable process. Let me know what you think!

P#131550 2023-07-02 08:34 ( Edited 2023-07-02 10:25)