Follow
Chuckapotamus
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #yutayufida-2 | 2024-04-16 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Update 4/16/24
Added sound effects! Thanks for your collection @packbat !

• Added sfx for various actions including sniffing, barking, bots and dog running.
  • And Win noises! and lose noises.

Side note: the last thing is the bots don't really have pathfinding but that's a bit beyond my ability for now <_< I fix that at some point but I'm effectively done and moving on to the next project.
Thanks for looking!

Update 4/10/24
Some quick changes

• Commented in the code to help clarify what everything does
  • Adjusted the menu screen's examples to help show what you're supposed to do
  • Added a little "shocked" animation to show when some actions happen i.e. bot stunned when the dog barks.

Hello! This is my first post here, decided to start learning what basic game dev looks like with the Picotron's first public release.

This is a simple game I built to learn some of the basics of lua and Picotron. I'm not a complete novice to coding but my experiences prior to this were in the form of simple bash scripts and some (very) minor source code editing on my linux boxes.

I'd love some criticism and feedback, specifically on the coding side but any input is appreciated! Tried to keep the code side sane but like I said, this is my first real attempt. Also if you run into any weird bugs please let me know.
-There's a few quirks because of how the sprites starting locations are determined.
-The blue robots also get stuck on the boxes often. Already got two on the check list for next time.

... Also there's no sound yet. I haven't quite figured out how to work the SFX editor <_<

Thanks for looking!

P#146253 2024-04-10 07:21 ( Edited 2024-04-16 06:56)