Follow
dadum
Follow

Cart #marksman-7 | 2021-09-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Version 0.4 above

Development is being tracked on GitHub, here.

Instructions

The goal is to hit the bullseye with an arrow

• Hold down O to enter aim mode
    • While O is pressed, use the arrow keys to change the direction in which the bow is pointing
  • Press X to fire arrow
  • Move with arrow keys
  • Springs will spring both the player or the arrows
  • Be careful of spikes, they'll make you spontaneously combust!

Devlog

0.4 [9/26/2021]

Lots of things have happened since last update! We now have new items to the game which make it much more interesting: spikes that will make you spontaneously combust if touched, tutorial levels, level tracker, background image, and most importantly, shiny particles!

Stuff I'll be working on next: sound effects! make some more level, give some love to the intro page.

Cart #marksman-7 | 2021-09-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0.3 [9/21/2021]

This version mainly includes a big refactor of the code. It also adds springs! and a nicer sprites for player and bow, plus some new code to handle physics collisions among different entities (collision with map tiles is still being handled apart from the colliders and new physics manager, will probably include them if I get a change, eventually).

Next I'll be working on making the intro nicer. I'm not sure if I'll add level selection or just a "new game"/"continue" options to the intro.

Cart #marksman-3 | 2021-09-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0.2 [9/19/2021]

Almost all the basic mechanics are in: basic platformer physics, bow aiming mode, arrow physics, level win condition, and automatic level switching.

The last mechanics element I wanted to implement are springs, which will propel both the player and the arrows vertically or horizontally. Once that's done I can start adding puzzle elements to the levels (the idea is for the player to figure out the proper combination of spring jumps and arrow rebounds needed to hit the bullseye).

Cart #marksman-0 | 2021-09-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#97567 2021-09-20 00:06 ( Edited 2021-09-27 00:44)

Cart #ducks_flan-0 | 2021-09-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Very small game in which you play as a duck, and each level consists of getting to a flan while passing through some time-based traps.

This is my first game for pico8 so any pointers are more than welcome!

P#97310 2021-09-14 14:15

Follow Lexaloffle:        
Generated 2021-09-28 19:08:21 | 0.093s | Q:17