Follow
NicMagnier
[ :: Read More :: ]

Hey everyone,

I have an issue in Pico-8. Some of the clicks are not recognized which is very frustrating because I have sometime to click multiple times to select a tile or move my cursor in the code.

I think the issue appeared only recently. I didn't update to a new pico-8 version (I use the latest v0.1.11g). The only difference I thought was that I got a Wacom tablet at christmas but after uninstalling the driver the issue is still there and I also couldn't reproduce the problem on my other machine so I doubt the problem come from here.

I wrote a short p8 program to test if it was just the pico-8 UI or also in-game and the issue also shows up in game.
You can see it in the following video (the circle are from my recording program that show system clicks)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1t3niaf130ljnh/Pico-8%20click%20issue%203.mp4?dl=0

The issue is clearer when I click very fast but not only. Sometimes some click events are simply not registered.

Is anyone have a similar issue?
Any idea what could cause the problem?

Pico-8: v0.1.11g

P#60829 2019-01-14 21:45

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #downbelow-0 | 2019-01-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hello everyone,

First time poster here.

During the last Ludum Dare I made my submission using Pico-8 which was a novel experience for me. It's always nice to have something new to learn and experiment with with time pressure.

Making a game with Pico-8 has been relatively smooth. My biggest scare was when I started building bigger levels in the last few hours, I suddenly realized that some sprite became corrupted. After a brief panic and loading up a recent backup, I dig up a bit to discover the shared memory space between map a sprite. That was scary!!!

Unfortunately I didn't had the time to toy around the tracker to make some music.

Overall it was really nice and I will keep using P8 to make some quick prototype. I love how it forces you to focus on the core of an idea.

Hope you will enjoy the game (updated since the original submission)

Nic

P#60719 2019-01-09 18:01 ( Edited 2019-01-09 18:04)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 04:04:07 | 0.068s | Q:11