I have an issue in Pico-8. Some of the clicks are not recognized which is very frustrating because I have sometime to click multiple times to select a tile or move my cursor in the code.
I think the issue appeared only recently. I didn't update to a new pico-8 version (I use the latest v0.1.11g). The only difference I thought was that I got a Wacom tablet at christmas but after uninstalling the driver the issue is still there and I also couldn't reproduce the problem on my other machine so I doubt the problem come from here.
I wrote a short p8 program to test if it was just the pico-8 UI or also in-game and the issue also shows up in game.
You can see it in the following video (the circle are from my recording program that show system clicks)
The issue is clearer when I click very fast but not only. Sometimes some click events are simply not registered.
Is anyone have a similar issue?
Any idea what could cause the problem?
OS: macOS 10.14.2
First time poster here.
During the last Ludum Dare I made my submission using Pico-8 which was a novel experience for me. It's always nice to have something new to learn and experiment with with time pressure.
Making a game with Pico-8 has been relatively smooth. My biggest scare was when I started building bigger levels in the last few hours, I suddenly realized that some sprite became corrupted. After a brief panic and loading up a recent backup, I dig up a bit to discover the shared memory space between map a sprite. That was scary!!!
Unfortunately I didn't had the time to toy around the tracker to make some music.
Overall it was really nice and I will keep using P8 to make some quick prototype. I love how it forces you to focus on the core of an idea.
Hope you will enjoy the game (updated since the original submission)