Follow
HermeticAxiom

I love pico-8!
Lexaloffle is a developer I'll support.

[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #reference-0 | 2020-11-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Quick and simple suite demonstrating API references from the pico-8 fandom site.

The default setup (in the editor) displays many preconfigured examples.

As a bonus, the output is a neat & tidy guidelined file folder diskette design.

There's some magic numbers and kinks that need to be ironed out but here it is.

Intended to be used as a fast barebones engine or just a learning example kit.

examples from the fandom wikia demonstrated for general purpose

P#83850 2020-11-06 08:41 ( Edited 2020-11-06 08:50)

Non-creative-commons version.

Quantum Toggle Solver.

Updated to support Decay for testing purposes.
Same features as v0.7.21 but this version is restricted from fair use for the sake of creating a superposition between both similar versions. This version also works better.

Controls:
Directional Keys:
slight left tap: may Solve
hard left tap: reset/always False
slight right tap: reset/always Solve
hard right tap: eventually Solve

Warnings: This is a hosted version. It might not work as well as the actual p8 version, for best quality manually open and run in pico-8.
Sometimes the state will just randomly decay. This is just a fact of life, if you're playing in browser just refresh.

Bugs: Solve is currently broken for this version. For all intents and purposes Reset=Q-State, Solve=Decay

TODO:
parallel processing
pico-8 meta-emulation features
page-switching
state-switching
verbose toggles

Thanks!

P#50461 2018-03-16 00:16 ( Edited 2018-03-16 04:29)

I'm totally a noob when it comes to this sort of thing.
Very rudimentary, adopts the limited nature of Pico-8's working environment.
right now it's only 4-dimensional because of using Rect and Circ, more work to be done on using Line for 2-dimensional applications, 5-dimensional planned.
Solution, IntuitionTrue, IntuitionFalse, QuantumTrue, QuantumFalse, QuantumGrounding, GroundingTrue, many other planned features.
Operates on the principles of the top right of the 42x42 zone being Absolutely True, bottom right Hidden True, bottom left Absolutely False, top left Hidden False/Mostly-True. Supports Parallel Universe/Parallel World, general Time declarations, general notes for anyone lost, curious, or wanting to help.
I also have a variable named td which is planned for 5-dimensional, a toggle for movement in time relative to spacetime, another planned feature which would be st.

The art is based off of the in-suite pico-8 editor, and is planned for future application but for now is just for show.
TODO:
parallel processing
pico-8 meta-emulation features
page-switching
state-switching
verbose toggles

I will release a new version in .p8 format soon enough, right now the limited features consist of being able to manually toggle the majority decay of the state. Gently tapping Left on the Arrow Keys works best in this version, though right should sometimes as well. No permanent decay state in this png version, as I'm using the Circ and Rect functions as opposed to circfill and rectfill, as well as a few other missing bits and pieces.

For all intents and purposes this is incomplete.
For all intents and purposes the controls are:
Left: Solve.
Left or Right when Solved: ~=50% Q-state
Right: Super-symmetrical Reset.
Hold Left: Nudge+Q
Hold Right: Nudge-Q
Do nothing: Q-state or True or Exception --(!=Decay)

Advice appreciated, work derivatives allowed as long as you credit me,
Thanks.

P#50459 2018-03-15 23:58 ( Edited 2018-03-16 22:21)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 11:22:51 | 0.070s | Q:15