Cart #50458 | 2018-03-16 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I'm totally a noob when it comes to this sort of thing.
Very rudimentary, adopts the limited nature of Pico-8's working environment.
right now it's only 4-dimensional because of using Rect and Circ, more work to be done on using Line for 2-dimensional applications, 5-dimensional planned.
Solution, IntuitionTrue, IntuitionFalse, QuantumTrue, QuantumFalse, QuantumGrounding, GroundingTrue, many other planned features.
Operates on the principles of the top right of the 42x42 zone being Absolutely True, bottom right Hidden True, bottom left Absolutely False, top left Hidden False/Mostly-True. Supports Parallel Universe/Parallel World, general Time declarations, general notes for anyone lost, curious, or wanting to help.
I also have a variable named td which is planned for 5-dimensional, a toggle for movement in time relative to spacetime, another planned feature which would be st.

The art is based off of the in-suite pico-8 editor, and is planned for future application but for now is just for show.
TODO:
parallel processing
pico-8 meta-emulation features
page-switching
state-switching
verbose toggles

I will release a new version in .p8 format soon enough, right now the limited features consist of being able to manually toggle the majority decay of the state. Gently tapping Left on the Arrow Keys works best in this version, though right should sometimes as well. No permanent decay state in this png version, as I'm using the Circ and Rect functions as opposed to circfill and rectfill, as well as a few other missing bits and pieces.

For all intents and purposes this is incomplete.
For all intents and purposes the controls are:
Left: Solve.
Left or Right when Solved: ~=50% Q-state
Right: Super-symmetrical Reset.
Hold Left: Nudge+Q
Hold Right: Nudge-Q
Do nothing: Q-state or True or Exception --(!=Decay)

Advice appreciated, work derivatives allowed as long as you credit me,
Thanks.

P#50459 2018-03-15 23:58 ( Edited 2018-03-16 22:21)

P#50466 2018-03-16 00:28 ( Edited 2018-03-16 04:28)

You don't really need to forward to a new post when you update your cart. If you edit the first post of the original thread with the new cart, it bumps it to the top.

That being said, the choice of maintaining the original post vs. making new ones is obviously yours to make. :) Speaking entirely for myself, I like it when people keep development in one thread, or maybe split only on major releases. It's just better organized that way, and you can see the history and maybe even learn from it.

P#50468 2018-03-16 03:36 ( Edited 2018-03-16 13:48)

Hey, thank you for the tips!
I was sorta confused about that feature you mentioned, I posted both pretty quickly and saw that feature pretty much at the same time so it's a happy accident.

I thought it was appropriate to make two posts because I wanted to try two versions, but in hindsight it would have been easier.
In the end, both versions are technically buggy!~

P#50493 2018-03-16 18:21 ( Edited 2018-03-16 22:21)

[Please log in to post a comment]