I got Voxatron via the Humble Bundle. I love it. However, something has happened to make it only run in Windowed mode on my HP Laptop (Windows 7). When I first got it, I was playing in full screen mode. However, the other day I went to play it and now it is in window only mode. And that sucks because the window is not resizable so the bottom is clipped off leaving me unable to see the bottom edge of the screen. And Win7 is very "helpful" and doesn't let me move the window up so far as to hide the drag bar.

The things I have tried:
A) Goto the Options menu in game and attempt to change from Windowed to Full Screen - Enter key does nothing.
B) Went to config file and changed Windowed 1 to Windowed 0 - does nothing
C) Downloaded the most recent version (1.6) from my Humble Bundle link just a couple of minutes ago - retested A and B and still stuck in windowed mode.

Any ideas on what I might need to do to finally return to full screen? Or is there someway to get the Windowed mode to maximize to match my desktop? I don't have to have full screen. I just cannot play the game with the current windowed mode.

P#4462 2011-11-15 19:37 ( Edited 2011-11-16 13:24)

Try different resolutions, at each resolution try to make the game full screen. If that does not work then meditate on the changes you have done to your system since you got voxatron for the first time.

P#4464 2011-11-15 19:45 ( Edited 2011-11-16 00:45)

Voxatron drops down to windowed mode if setting fullscreen fails, which looks like what is happening here.

I don't know why it would be failing if it worked in the past -- I haven't changed the way the video setup works under Windows since release.

You could try:

In options->video options->resolution, try the first resolution item. This should be the same as the desktop resolution. If you somehow ended up with a different resolution, or changed your desktop resolution, there's a small chance it's refusing to set at the new resolution.

If the detected desktop resolution is wrong, you could set it in config.txt (video_mode width height 32)

Also in config.txt, try setting windib 1. This will turn of DirectX support which seems to help in some cases.

P#4493 2011-11-16 08:24 ( Edited 2011-11-16 13:24)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 03:58:34 | 0.005s | Q:11