Cart #kadaratuz-0 | 2023-07-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

GENESIMS

A simple evolution simulator where you feed your creature with different kinds of food and watch it change step by step. When you feed your creature a total of eight times, it will complete one step in its evolution and level up. Complete all five levels in total to rise up the food chain and eventually reach the perfect organism!

DISPLAY

The timer in the upper left corner of the screen is a cooldown to feed your creature again. At the top right of the screen, you can see how many of each type of food you have given to your creature at the current level.

In the lower left corner, there are three different buttons according to their colors to send different types of food. In the lower right corner is an indicator that shows you how close you are to the next level, and it advances a little with each new food. At the bottom of the screen, the middle number indicates your level.

You can also change the color palette of the game in the start menu and examine the evolution tree to plan your creature's evolutionary development.

CREATURE

Your creature will randomly wander around the screen as long as you are not taking care of it. When you press one of the buttons and give it a food, it will go to the area where the food fell and get it. There are three different types of food: Heart, Star and Plant, and each one directs your creature to a different branch of the evolutionary tree. Whichever food you give more, it becomes more dominant and the appearance of the creature changes accordingly.

The game concept was inspired by a game i played long time ago but i couldn't remember what it was. The design of the creatures are inspired by the asset pack of @egordorichev.

P#132399 2023-07-26 06:39

@richnoble thanks a lot! I hope you will like it.

P#132447 2023-07-27 06:26

Interesting game. Was it inspired by tamagotchi perhaps?

The graphics and interface are great, but I wish there was some challenge to working towards the perfect evolution or any of the other evos.

P#132455 2023-07-27 11:25

@Verb Thanks for playing! I would like to say about the challenges that I actually planned that the player has to catch the food before it falls off the screen. But then i decided to work on random walking feature for the creature, so the previous idea is left for another project.

And, i think the inspiration was not from tamagotchi :/

P#132487 2023-07-28 06:50

the hitboxes are a bit messed up

I figured out how to make a lvl 5 blob

P#132946 2023-08-10 22:29 ( Edited 2023-08-10 22:49)

@Pinapple yes you are right. Sometimes the code cannot check for collision in two axes at the same time, hitbox problem occurs when one is first.

And in fact, if no type of food predominates in one round, this will result in the creature not evolving. So it may be possible to complete the game without any evolution until the final stage.

P#132968 2023-08-11 12:46

thats what i did i descovered that XD

P#133389 2023-08-22 13:54

[Please log in to post a comment]