@zep
As .png files are a supported graphic format with the IMPORT and EXPORT commands, I think it makes sense to list .png image files in the working directory when using the LS and DIR commands. I'm working on a graphic utility tool and it's a bit of a drag to not be able to list the very same images that I'm allowed to import and export by name.

P#129868 2023-05-18 06:34

I totally agree that .png files (in general, not just .p8.png) should be displayed by default.

You may already know this but just in case, ls * will list everything in the directory. Though the only place I see this documented is in help ls

P#129875 2023-05-18 11:56

@jasondelaat
No, I didn't know about ls *, thank you. It doesn't seem to work in code (i.e. ls("*") doesn't seem to work), but it's a first step. ::thumbs_up_emoji_if_I_could::

(I tried ls("./path/I/want/", true) and so on to see if there's an undocumented "show hidden files" flag, but no dice; it lists only the "approved" files)

P#129892 2023-05-18 22:39

While I'm wishing, I think .txt files should also be shown by default. This is the format generated by the printh command (if I understand things correctly) and so should be a first-class file type of the ls command, IMHO.

P#129974 2023-05-21 00:04

[Please log in to post a comment]