Cart #pomodorotimerv1-3 | 2022-12-31 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Explanation

I made this cartridge as a productivity tool that anyone could use. To use it, press ❎ or 🅾️, to start the program. You can also use them to start/pause the timer. When the timer says "WORK", do nothing except focus on work. When the timer says "BREAK", do whatever you want besides work.

I'd recommend starting off by finding a work/break ratio that's right for you. If a pomodoro feels exhausting or overwhelming then lower the work timer option a little (it'll remain after you close the page). Once you have the ropes, what if you don't feel productive enough? In that case you can try increasing the work timer slowly over time.

Finally, I confirm that this tool isn't to make you work more, it's so you get more done in less time. So that you have more fruitful work-sessions, rather than longer ones.

((WARNING: WHEN USING THE PICO-8 WEBSITE THIS TAB WILL FREEZE IF IT IS NOT BEING USED))

Controls

❎- resume/pause
⬆️⬇️⬅️➡️ - fix timer settings

Credits

Development: Marina Makes (@MarinaMakes)
Quality Assurance: Celesmuh (@CelesMuh)

P#123337 2022-12-31 00:29 ( Edited 2022-12-31 00:38)

I can definitely see the utility in this, @marina_makes. Gold star to support.

@zep, suggest you have a button to the right of the playing cartridge, where the pause and joystick are, add one that is an EYE. This means if selected the Pico-8 cart will not sleep even if it is not in focus and you are on a different internet tab or window.

P#123345 2022-12-31 04:02 ( Edited 2022-12-31 07:00)

[Please log in to post a comment]