I just discovered that you can use W for next sprite and Q for previous sprite in the map editor. I think it would be really neat if instead, you could use WASD to move the sprite selection around. It would be super helpful to avoid moving the mouse back and forth, click to select a tile, place a single one, switch tiles again. As far as I know, ASD don't have any current uses so it would work pretty nicely.

P#120961 2022-11-18 21:43

What you're talking about, @ooooggll, is the ability to remap every single key in Pico-8 once you run that EXE.

And yes, I think this could be done. It would be quite a large table to work with - you could find the arrow keys used solely for MAP editing and change those then - understanding that by default they are the regular arrow keys.

I would like a total edit of every key in Pico-8. Currently I cannot use the number-keylock at all for navigation in my code, despite every other programming language coming before it allowing it.

I HAVE to use the regular upside-down T arrow key pad to navigate and no other way is allowed to me.

P#120967 2022-11-18 22:20 ( Edited 2022-11-18 22:21)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-20 10:05:18 | 0.020s | Q:10