Cart #kill_kenny-8 | 2022-12-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Vous êtes vous déjà demandé où allait Kenny quand il mourrait ? Venez on vous montre.

Juste un petit jeux créer par notre équipe dans le cadre d'un projet au sein de l'école Ada tech school à Nantes
(M,C,K)

Note : Nous avons remplacés les gros mot par des censure pour que cela soit un peu plus "kid friendly"

P#120391 2022-11-09 19:22 ( Edited 2022-12-14 13:51)

Hi @KillKenny.

May I please post a version of your cart here in English ? I think you will get greater traffic and interest.

Puis-je s'il vous plaît poster une version de votre panier ici en anglais ? Je pense que vous obtiendrez plus de trafic et d'intérêt.

P#120399 2022-11-09 21:28

I Want To Say That This Game "South Park" Is Not Safe For Kids, Because Is Rated AO For Adults Only (Most Likely M For Mature), And Within That, The Show "South Park" Is Not Safe For Kids Because It Is Rated TV-MA (Most Likely Rated X)

P#120415 2022-11-10 01:46

Hi @alex k.

Let me ... translate the text in the game and see if it is indeed rating of MA. The show is, yes.

Yet have already had video-games written in Pico-8 with lots of cartoon blood and guts and - well - they are accepted.

We have also had some gay awareness games in Pico-8, years ago, I remember that. Also fully accepted.

I will let you know of my findings.

. . . The first part translates to:

Just a little game created by our team as part of a project within the Ada tech school in Nantes.

So it was already accepted within their school. Let me see to the dialogue in the game.

The opening text is:

Cartman: "I'm not fat! I'm cheerful and happy!"
Kenny: "hhhmmhhmhmhmhmhh!"
kyle: ...
Stan: Oh my god! They killed kenny!!
Kyle:You @#$%!

So there is one use of a 4-letter word here. In translating I can easily change that to something milder.

The only other foreign text I found in the entire cart was, See you soon.

Outside of the one 4-letter word, I think this game is pretty safe and kid friendly.

People are making videogames based on MA rated cartoons all the time and in many cases the games they write are NOT MA. Take Ren & Stimpy for instance. You can find that on Super Nintendo, 40-years ago. No rating of MA at all. Same with Beavis & Butthead. It's also on the Super Nintendo and no rating of MA.

I would give the author a chance here, Alex, especially since it's a school project. I examined the code and saw nothing rating of MA. The dialogue could be cleaned in one spot, that's about it.

Certainly for the amount of work involved and the superbly detailed sprites, I myself am giving this author a gold star for coding, game design, music, and superb graphics.

P#120425 2022-11-10 03:31 ( Edited 2022-11-10 03:44)

Hey @dw817 and @alex K.
Yes you can translate this game no problem ! For the use of insult, we're french, and here, it's really no big deal, we use cursed words, it's like a comma for us. Is there a way we can mark this game as "adult" on this forum ? But we think the fact that this is a south park game make it pretty obvious for us.

We didn't expect to have attention on this game :)

P#120435 2022-11-10 09:06

You can mark something as "Mature Content" using the little drop-down next to the top-level post. (Under the ⭐ and ❤️.)

P#120436 2022-11-10 09:09 ( Edited 2022-11-10 09:09)

@MBoffin , thank you it's done ! :)

P#120437 2022-11-10 09:14

@dw817 thank you very much! We appreciate your comments!
If you prefer we can upload an english version.
Kind regards,
team KillKenny

P#120438 2022-11-10 09:37

Oh ! You are very welcome, @KillKenny and @MomoBR.

Yes, please. Keep the French version as you have it, it should be okay. But an additional one in English for our English speaking audience would not be out of order.

If you want to do it you are more than welcome, or I can.

In any case, nice job on the game. It is indeed a challenging topview puzzler once you get past the open initial scene.

P#120462 2022-11-10 22:59

@dw817 If you want you can do an english version, i don't thinks we're gonna work again on this project :)

P#120900 2022-11-18 12:24

[Please log in to post a comment]