@zep (and other Piconians), I was understanding that the .GIF size saved in Pico-8 when you save a video, the size of the saved .GIF was cut down in size considerably from previous versions. I am not seeing that HERE in version 0.2.4b.

Here are 2-identical videos. One is saved in Pico-8 with no changes, the other, VirtualDUB, both saved at 33.3fps, the same listed in the Pico-8 documentation.

To see these two videos running perfectly and simultaneously together, for FIREFOX, press ALT-D, CTRL+C, CTRL+N, CTRL+V, and the ENTER key. To close this window again, press CTRL+W.

^^ SAVED IN PICO-8: (2.00mb)

^^ SAVED IN VIRTUALDUB: (126k)

Click SAVE IMAGE AS on either of these pictures to examine them and their size if you like.

I am not marking this as an error as it does not come into conflict with the system itself, just the filesize of recorded videos. Does anyone know why there is such a filesize difference ?

P#108974 2022-03-21 18:42 ( Edited 2022-03-22 23:25)

Thought I would bump this as I came across it again in my last cart:

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=47966

Here are the file sizes as they appear. The first two are saved in Pico-8's own video recorder. The last one is where the 2nd .GIF is loaded in VirtualDUB and then exported also as a .GIF.

There is literally no difference in color or speed of all 3-videos; each are 2-minutes long.

So there is still quite a bit of filesize difference going on here, @zep. I am not sure what is happening here.

P#112644 2022-06-02 20:44

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 04:18:50 | 0.006s | Q:8