Cart #pekadungeon-12 | 2022-03-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

PEKA in dungeon

by Speder Cat Studios and Wotesi

about

This is Zelda style game with randomly generated dungeons, mobs and items. There are unlimited floors and randomly generated secret floor, where additional items can be found. Every 10th level is boss level. Boss level can be escaped when boss HP is <50. Every second boss HP adds +1. When boss HP exceeds 50, exit stairs disappears. Boss hits with random ATK 3-5. In boss level every 3rd second some item for player is dropped. At some level dirt spots are randomly generated. When players steps on dirt, speed is reduced. AT some level fire traps are randomly generated. When player steps on fire traps, its HP is deducted by -1. During the play items for player are randomly generated and put in vases, small chests or big chests. Items are weapons, armor, throw items and food. Each weapon and throw item have MAX hit points. During attack hit points are randomly generated between predefined MIN and MAX. Each weapon and armor have limited number of uses, after which player looses that item. Armor gives player additional protection. After armor is lost, player HP points are deducted. Food gives additional HP. All this information is visible in inventory menu.

known issues

1. it somehow glitches when opening inventory, while mob is attacking

updates in Vers. Beta 0.4

1. added new functionality - last score and best score. It saves number of floors passed, number of mobs killed, number of boss mobs killed and saves score. Score is calculated by summing all the mob MAXHP.
  2. added boss floor

to do list

1. after exiting secret floor, return back to previous floor, rather then generating new one
  2. in boss floor randomly generate boss from 3 predefined
  3. when mob steps on fire trap, it HP is deducted
  4. when player throws boomerang, it returns and can be used multiple times
P#108185 2022-03-07 12:13 ( Edited 2022-03-14 18:09)

Giving credit where credit is due. Original engine and tutorial by @Krystman.

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=33121

Other than that, Looks good, @wotesi.

P#108193 2022-03-07 18:11

Yes, I know it - I learned from him a lot (actually - everything about PICO-8). He has a great videos about PICO-8 and PORK game :), so I followed his teaching more than a year and watched all his videos several times. So I decided together with my son to make this game, with our improvements (Zelda style, etc..).

P#108246 2022-03-08 08:17

Sometimes when an enemy notices you it freezes both your movement and inventory for throwing things. Also, are the enemies supposed to move separate from the player movement?

P#108268 2022-03-08 16:24

Yes, movement is an issue so far - I cannot solve it yet. Originally game was made as player moves, then enemy moves, each makes one move and then waits for other (I watched Kristian videos..). This would work no problem. But we decided to make it like Zelda style - player and enemy moves independently and constantly by using and modifying the same engine (I changed BTNP to BTN and did some modifications). I believe when Pico is processing enemy movement it is somehow "busy" with this process and therefore it cannot process BTNP to open inventory and throw some item. I have not solved it yet, and I do not know whom to ask.. I have to somehow force Pico to watch BTN function while moving enemy, but I have not solve it yet. Thanks for comment!

P#108317 2022-03-09 07:23 ( Edited 2022-03-09 07:24)

hmmm

P#108492 2022-03-12 14:23

Yes, this is one more issue - sometimes maze is generated in a way, that rooms are isolated, still have to solve it. And very rear, but it might be that exit stars are in the same room as entry stares. This is my "to do list". Thanks for comment!

P#108532 2022-03-13 07:02

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-20 08:17:47 | 0.032s | Q:23