My first attempt at a PICO-8 game.
I've never tried anything like this before, so it's been a fun learning experience.
This is my spooky side scroller hopefully wrapped up by Halloween.
- Adding a fade on death as well as some basic palette twiddling to make it look a little nicer.
- More music because I'm kind of tired of hearing it at this point.
- Spikes and death! Although the collision detection is going to need some major overhaul.
- More interactions
- Starting enemies
- More music
- More map
- Bats! Spiders! Spikes!
- Pixel collision!
- If you can get the "potion", you've "won" for now!
- End-game and win condition
- Spooky Scary Music!
- Add Easy Mode
- Calling this one ready for Halloween!
Here's the "Release Post" https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=45134
Very nice, as a platform game with puzzles to solve I think it already is quite a game! It was fun to figure out where to jump to and from, and the interaction with characters and objects was easy to understand. I can imagine more/different kind of puzzles and challenges, maybe moving enemies or platforms, that could come in following levels. Maybe as you go from level to level you are collecting something to complete a set, or just reach the end/exit?
[Please log in to post a comment]